(Archived) How do I unlink two Evernote Accounts?

For convenience, I was able to link my personal Premium account with my work Premium account, which basically means and I can stay signed in to both and easily switch back and forth. However, I am giving the work account "back over" to my company and wish to unlink the accounts. How do I do this?

• Level 5*

Presumably you shared a personal notebook with work and/ or a work notebook with home - there's no other way that I know of to 'link' two accounts together. In which case just cancel the share(s) and the two are separate.

No, it's not a matter of shared notebooks. I guess no one will know what I'm talking about unless they have two premium accounts available to them.

Like Gazumped said, AFAIK, there is no way to "link" accounts. It's not even listed under premium features. but you can *share* notes or notebooks & premium users can allow other users to modify the notes in shared notebooks.

I think mastropop is referring to the account switching feature. Where you can log into multiple accounts and switch between them quickly.

They are not linked per say, but you have simply logged into them both. To remove it, switch to the account that you don't want access to anymore, and sign out of that one using the File menu.

This should log you out of that account and return you to your normal account. The list should then not show the other account anymore.

Yes to Scott--this is exactly what I am feebly attenpting to describe. And I was simply concerned that just signing out of the work account would not be enough to "unlink" them. If it is, that is exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks!

And I was simply concerned that just signing out of the work account would not be enough to "unlink" them. If it is, that is exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks!

Be aware that if you've shared the work notebook to anyone else (IE work), simply signing out does not prevent them from accessing the account. OTOH, if they shared the notebook to you, then signing out should be sufficient. IOW, it depends upon who is the owner of the account - you or your work.

Archived