(Archived) IFTTT: Google Reader starred items to Evernote (the ENTIRE item)?

First off... New to Evernote and new to the forum. Have found both amazing so far!

I'm using ifttt to send starred google reader items to an Evernote notebook so I can read the starred items offline. (standard ifttt usage right?)

But... The item that gets posted to Evernote is often incomplete (I.e. "click here to continue reading").

I'd like to figure out a way that the whole reader item (all text of the article) gets posted into Evernote.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks so much in advance!

• Level 5*

Presumably the script works correctly, but Reader has more than one page to show, so waits for a manual input which never arrives. Ifttt gets the first page, but doesn't realise it isn't the complete content. Sounds like you need to check out Reader's help pages to see whether you can get longer pages displayed. Ifttt and Evernote are working fine.

I have had the same issue with certain sites. On those sites I have to display the entire article then star to get the recipe to work, Not sure why this happens but now I know which sites so it just adds one step to process

• Level 5*

Sometimes I with that IFTTT sent the whole article to Evernote, but most of the time it doesn't matter to me. Usually what I do is have IFTTT send Google Reader articles to a particular notebook. I star as many as seem interesting, knowing that I won't Evernote them all. At various times, I go through my reader notebook, and take a closer look, and then use the Evernote clipper to clip the ones that I really want.

I've experienced this too. That IFTTT script isn't going to do what you and I want it to. In Google Reader, just click to get the full article then use Web Clipper to save to EN. Yes, it's a two-click process instead of one, but it's the only way to save the full article :-)

I am very pleased. This is a great forum. Super quick and thoughtful answers to my question. Really appreciate it everyone. :)

Some comments below...

Presumably the script works correctly, but Reader has more than one page to show, so waits for a manual input which never arrives. Ifttt gets the first page, but doesn't realise it isn't the complete content. Sounds like you need to check out Reader's help pages to see whether you can get longer pages displayed. Ifttt and Evernote are working fine.

Thanks gazumped. You are correct, the script is working perfectly. There is unfortunately no such reader setting. I'm a victim of some of the blogs I follow. which don't display the entire contents of the message in Google Reader.

Here's an example of a post that acts like I'm talking about.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/01/sony-xbr-4k-led-ultra-hdtv-hands-on/

I have had the same issue with certain sites. On those sites I have to display the entire article then star to get the recipe to work, Not sure why this happens but now I know which sites so it just adds one step to process

What's the additional step? Clicking the link? Or is there another IFTTT trigger I could add?

The worst use difference is when you're working offline with no internet access. Then the "get more" stricture becomes impossible.

EXACTLY what I'm trying to solve for. Star a bunch of items, then get on a flight or subway or whatnot and not need an Internet connection.

I've experienced this too. That IFTTT script isn't going to do what you and I want it to. In Google Reader, just click to get the full article then use Web Clipper to save to EN. Yes, it's a two-click process instead of one, but it's the only way to save the full article :-)

Not perfect for me hebdenbiker...I like to get through a ton of Reader posts quickly in the morning and star a bunch of them for reading later (online or offline). Thanks for the thought though.

Archived