(Archived) Tabbing problems in note editor

sdunnin

When working in the note editor pane you cannot tab into the "add tag" control.

For example: Create a new note, click in the Title text box, TAB once takes you to the "Click to set source url..." Tabbing a second time takes you to the body of the note. There is no way to add a tag without going back to the mouse and clicking on the "Click to add tag...".

Further more if the focus is in the add tag control you are unable to tab out of and into the body of the note.

This might be picky but it is frustrating from a usability perspective.

• Level 5*
For example: Create a new note, click in the Title text box, TAB once takes you to the "Click to set source url..." Tabbing a second time takes you to the body of the note. There is no way to add a tag without going back to the mouse and clicking on the "Click to add tag...".

It's not the tab key, but there certainly is a way; from the Evernote Knowledge Base for the Windows client (https://support.ever...ote-for-Windows):

F3 - Set focus to the tag field of the active note
  • Level 5*

Thanks. I would agree that's a reasonable workaround but I would still argue that there still is an issue from a UI usability stand point.

You'd be arguing with the wrong person. I can't fix Evernote in any way; I can only make suggestions as to how to get stuff done using the current Evernote.

Thanks. I would agree that's a reasonable workaround but I would still argue that there still is an issue from a UI usability stand point.

You'd be arguing with the wrong person. I can't fix Evernote in any way; I can only make suggestions as to how to get stuff done using the current Evernote.

Totally understand. Just hoping that one of the dev's might be trolling around in the forum to see user feedback.

• Level 5*
Totally understand. Just hoping that one of the dev's might be trolling around in the forum to see user feedback.

As best we know, Evernote staff, including developers read all posts, but don't necessarily respond to all of them.

Archived