(Archived) Evernote 5.0.0 for Mac Scaling Issue

mrcain

Idea

With the new Mac version, all of my notes scale off the page and no matter what I try, I must scroll to the right to see full text. It is the same whether I am in the pane view (with shortcuts, cards, and notes) or full screen view.

This is incredibly frustrating as I rely on the program for display to groups and I have had to go though and insert carriage returns so that the text displays on the screen without scrolling to the right.

I have tried adjusting the width of all screens, changing the views, etc., nothing seems to work.

Any solutions?

OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

post-113793-0-56458900-1354221615_thumb.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Judging by the screenshot, I'd try a couple of things. Do you see this behavior in full screen? Do you see it when you put the dock on the bottom of your screen instead of on the left? Do you see it while you are in the app (not with the note open in its own window)? Do you see this when you create the content (it looks like that was some kind of clipping)?

The behavior is the same in full screen mode.

The dock position (along with quitting Evernote between dock position changes) does not affect the issue.

It is the same with the app--right off the right side margin.

When I create a new note, the note is fine--this seems to be with old files (created two years ago or more, but always being updated and changed).

I copied and pasted into a new note and now it scales properly.?.?. I guess I will simply copy and paste all the old notes to new notes to solve this issue.

I also noted it is all the old files that were originally MS OneNote files six or seven years ago, but pasted/migrated into Evernote two years ago when I returned, like the prodigal son, back to Mac.

Thanks, you prompted the solution, although a strange one.

• Level 5*

The behavior is the same in full screen mode.

The dock position (along with quitting Evernote between dock position changes) does not affect the issue.

It is the same with the app--right off the right side margin.

When I create a new note, the note is fine--this seems to be with old files (created two years ago or more, but always being updated and changed).

I copied and pasted into a new note and now it scales properly.?.?. I guess I will simply copy and paste all the old notes to new notes to solve this issue.

I also noted it is all the old files that were originally MS OneNote files six or seven years ago, but pasted/migrated into Evernote two years ago when I returned, like the prodigal son, back to Mac.

Thanks, you prompted the solution, although a strange one.

I'm glad I could help.

Behind the scenes, Evernote is working with a version of XHTML, and so you occasionally get things that creep in there from websites or other sources using HTML / XHTML that cause problems with the display. Perhaps that is what happened to the notes.

Archived