(Archived) Lifehacker article wrt Evernote - Love it? Hate it?

• Level 5*

I read somewhere recently that if a crowd wound up shipwrecked on a desert island there would be three groups. Those who immediately started to scour the island for food, water and a way off; those who complained about how badly the whole thing had gone and demanded that 'someone' do something about it; and those who slumped in a damp heap on the sand to wait for a miracle to happen. (Hey I should make this into a TV script..)

Seems to me that Evernote users and potential users fall into the same sort of groups - those who play with the app and want to see how it fits in to their lives will find it useful. Some of those who at least complain about their problems dealing with data will be led into the light. But if you're just gonna lay there and wait for the paper fairies to make all that clutter go away, no software forum has the power to save you.

I think the folks who post here are pretty much all in the first two categories.

:)

But if you're just gonna lay there and wait for the paper fairies to make all that clutter go away, no software forum has the power to save you.

Paper fairies?!? No one told me there were paper fairies! I want paper fairies!!

I read somewhere recently that if a crowd wound up shipwrecked on a desert island there would be three groups. Those who immediately started to scour the island for food, water and a way off; those who complained about how badly the whole thing had gone and demanded that 'someone' do something about it; and those who slumped in a damp heap on the sand to wait for a miracle to happen. (Hey I should make this into a TV script..)

:)

Wasn't that Gilligan's Island? :)

-- roschler

Archived