(Archived) Convert a WAV file to Text?

• Level 5*

I would like to know how to convert a WAV file, recorded from Evernote to a txt file. (like recording a college lecture and have it converted to a text file later).

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I recommend taking a look at Dragon Naturally Speaking for something like this. I doubt you'll have much luck with a lecture, despite commercials for other products that suggest otherwise (I've seen a kid sitting in a lecture hall while his computer does all the notetaking for him -- I don't know if such a thing actually exists outside marketer's imaginations). I have been using DNS for many years now (a decade?) and quite like it.

• Level 5

Dragon Naturally Speaking is a very impressive voice to text conversion program ... if used properly.

The volume has to be set properly.

The speaker needs to "train" the software by speaking several paragraphs into the headpiece / microphone.

• Level 5*

Dragon Naturally Speaking is a very impressive voice to text conversion program ... if used properly.

The volume has to be set properly.

The speaker needs to "train" the software by speaking several paragraphs into the headpiece / microphone.

Yep. That's why this lecture hall thing seems a bit unlikely to me. It might catch some stuff, but the rest would be gibberish.

Archived