(Archived) Features request: back&forward buttons / list view for notes / internal links

Hi everybody!

These features would greatly improve my workflow:

Back/forward buttons: like an webpage, It's common to go back and forth into different notes (saves clicks and browsing time into notes and notebooks)

List view for notes: the actual square note display is great and I love it - but sometimes I need to quickly browse through a big list of notes and a common list view feature would be great.

Internal links between notes: to better organize content and navigate through notes.

For last: when working with pasted formated text, it would be good if Evernote could maintain the text editing format: it often set's back to the default App font.

thanks for a great App & Service

• Level 5*

Hi everybody!

These features would greatly improve my workflow:

Back/forward buttons: like an webpage, It's common to go back and forth into different notes (saves clicks and browsing time into notes and notebooks)

List view for notes: the actual square note display is great and I love it - but sometimes I need to quickly browse through a big list of notes and a common list view feature would be great.

Internal links between notes: to better organize content and navigate through notes.

For last: when working with pasted formated text, it would be good if Evernote could maintain the text editing format: it often set's back to the default App font.

thanks for a great App & Service

Welcome to the forums. I'm guessing iOS on the iPad :)

1. Yes. Navigation buttons would be nice, and have been requested a lot. It would also be nice to see them in OSX (Mac).

2. List View does not exist on iOS, but there is Snippet View on the iPhone, and List View has been requested. It would also be nice to see a Vertical List View in OSX.

3. Note links have been much requested. You "can" make internal links on iOS, but it involves some funky contortions, and I recommend using OSX to do it. One workaround is to make a master note with links to all of the notes in your account. You can then copy and paste those links as needed. Of course, when your account has 10,000+ notes, this becomes rather unwieldy.

• Level 5

Since the original poster neglected to mention his platform, I'll throw this out for the Evernote Windows client.

Evernote Navigation Buttons - Forward / Backward

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/24e89cfe-110d-4cc5-b177-323021ff004c/43d47be5c5a7be4a694d0abdcf781aa7

List View for Notes

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s2/sh/5eb03c14-8ff9-44c7-b811-4dc0bc83bb97/a564a055df385e18d006a209200827b0

Internal Links between notes

Hyperlinks already exists between notes (right click, Copy Note Link). To find specific mentions within a specific note, I rely on keywords. example: "JFK quote" "Ford Taurus Warranty"

• Level 5*

Since the original poster neglected to mention his platform, I'll throw this out for the Evernote Windows client.

Evernote Navigation Buttons - Forward / Backward

http://www.evernote....94d0abdcf781aa7

List View for Notes

http://www.evernote....006a209200827b0

Internal Links between notes

Hyperlinks already exists between notes (right click, Copy Note Link). To find specific mentions within a specific note, I rely on keywords. example: "JFK quote" "Ford Taurus Warranty"

The OP cannot be talking about Windows, though, because it has all of these features :)

• Level 5

The OP cannot be talking about Windows, though, because it has all of these features :)

Yes, I believe you are correct.

I could delete my message, but it might be helpful for other new users to see the power and capabilities of Evernote.

• Level 5*

Yes, I believe you are correct.

I could delete my message, but it might be helpful for other new users to see the power and capabilities of Evernote.

Oh no. That is not what I meant. It was a subtle (or not so subtle) point I was trying to make that the Windows client has the most functionality, and that the feature requests here could apply to any other client except Windows. To take this a step further, users are clearly interested in seeing these features, and the Windows team has already decided that developing them is worthwhile, so why not provide this functionality on every client? I am hoping the answer is that "Parity is your Christmas present." :)

• Level 5

Oh no. That is not what I meant. It was a subtle (or not so subtle) point

I understood, but I felt adding a final comment (Windows for the Win!) would be rubbing salt into the wound.

• Level 5*

Oh no. That is not what I meant. It was a subtle (or not so subtle) point

I understood, but I felt adding a final comment (Windows for the Win!) would be rubbing salt into the wound.

No wounds left for me. All of them are scarred over and healed with my new setup (Windows + Parallels on the Mac).

http://www.evernote....95698bf3329fdbd

Did I mention how nice it is to have data about each note displayed along the bottom in the Status Bar? A colleague looking at my screen asked how I got those numbers on there -- I felt like Darth Sidious/Palpatine in Star Wars when Anakin asks: "Is it possible to learn this power?" and he responds, "Not from a Jedi." You gotta jump through a few hoops to get everything up and running on Parallels, but once you do, you are in very good shape.

Archived