(Archived) Evernote 5.0.0 Update Doesn't Work

lachlanpayne

Idea

I have tried updating to Evernote 5.0.0 (both Beta and Public) on my MBP running OS X 10.8.2 more than a half dozen times.

However, when the program opens I see no main window. When I try opening a new Evernote window… nothing. Using two monitors… nothing. Using just the Mac… nothing. Have restarted both Evernote and my Mac multiple times… still nothing. Have tried updating via Evernote and via the App Store… still nothing.

The new update works fine on my wife's Mac as well as all our iOS devices.

I have tried commenting on the Evernote blog but they will neither post my comment, acknowledge the problem nor respond.

My only solution is downgrading back to 3.3.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I have tried updating to Evernote 5.0.0 (both Beta and Public) on my MBP running OS X 10.8.2 more than a half dozen times.

However, when the program opens I see no main window. When I try opening a new Evernote window… nothing. Using two monitors… nothing. Using just the Mac… nothing. Have restarted both Evernote and my Mac multiple times… still nothing. Have tried updating via Evernote and via the App Store… still nothing.

The new update works fine on my wife's Mac as well as all our iOS devices.

I have tried commenting on the Evernote blog but they will neither post my comment, acknowledge the problem nor respond.

My only solution is downgrading back to 3.3.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Besides syncing, backing up, erasing everything Evernote from your computer (AppZapper, or deleting the files if you know where they are), and then downloading again from the Evernote website (http://evernote.com/evernote/index.php?file=EvernoteMac -- not the appstore), I can't think what might be wrong. If this advice doesn't help, I'd file a support ticket (see my sig below).

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Besides syncing, backing up, erasing everything Evernote from your computer (AppZapper, or deleting the files if you know where they are), and then downloading again from the Evernote website (http://evernote.com/...ile=EvernoteMac -- not the appstore), I can't think what might be wrong. If this advice doesn't help, I'd file a support ticket (see my sig below).

Thanks for that suggestion. I tried deleting Evernote completely using CleanMyMac then downloaded 5.0.0 from the link you provided but the same problem ensued. No window in sight.

I've again downgraded to 3.3.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Besides syncing, backing up, erasing everything Evernote from your computer (AppZapper, or deleting the files if you know where they are), and then downloading again from the Evernote website (http://evernote.com/...ile=EvernoteMac -- not the appstore), I can't think what might be wrong. If this advice doesn't help, I'd file a support ticket (see my sig below).

I also have the same problem and when I go to the link that you provide the download link sends me to the mac app store and not a direct download. Do you have a direct link to the file?

• Level 5*

I also have the same problem and when I go to the link that you provide the download link sends me to the mac app store and not a direct download. Do you have a direct link to the file?

I am sorry to hear that Evernote still won't install. I'd say it is time for customer support, then. As for the link, the button on the page leads to the appstore (confusing, I know), but as soon as you go there, the app ought to automatically download. Please check your downloads and youought to find it there.

I am sorry to hear that Evernote still won't install. I'd say it is time for customer support, then. As for the link, the button on the page leads to the appstore (confusing, I know), but as soon as you go there, the app ought to automatically download. Please check your downloads and youought to find it there.

thanks for the reply, but there is no automatic download. any other suggestions?

I was having similar problem.

I displayed my user Library:

Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show or hide the directory:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Then deleted you my Evernote data folder here:

/Users/MYUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote

I also deleted the one created by getting Evernote thru the App Store.

Then ran Evernote and it had to start getting data from the 'cloud', but then it worked OK.

I was having similar problem.

I displayed my user Library:

Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show or hide the directory:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Then deleted you my Evernote data folder here:

/Users/MYUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote

I also deleted the one created by getting Evernote thru the App Store.

Then ran Evernote and it had to start getting data from the 'cloud', but then it worked OK.

Thanks. Tried this. Didn't work.

I had the same problem and just reverted to 3.3 from the link on the following thread:

http://discussion.ev...ll-back-to-mac/

I hope this gets resolved soon.

I've reverted back to 3.3 a dozen times at least.

Just today I migrated my wife's user account from her MacBook to my MacBook Pro. Evernote 5.0.0 works on her account on my MacBook Pro (as it did on her MacBook) but it still doesn't work in my user account.

Makes no sense.

Archived