(Archived) Can't access Evernote on Windows RT - wrong language display

Rob Edgar

I installed the Evernote App on my MS Surface from the RT store and it installed without a problem but after starting the app I am unable to login or do anything else as the Evernote UI is displayed in Chinese!!

I assume this is because I just happen to be in Hong Kong but I haven't got a clue what any of it means as I am not Chinese, neither can I figure out what buttons I can press or settings I can change, this problem only occurs in Evernote, all other apps I have tried wok without a problem.

Also I have not had this problem on my desktop machine running Windows 8 where I installed the regular application rather than the the RT store version.

Anyone got an idea of how to get the Evernote app UI to display in English?

Thanks

Rob

You should quit Evernote (Alt+F4 or Swipe from the top down to the bottom) and when you restart, we'll use whatever your language is set in. If you've changed your language to English, we should use that.

That is so unusual. Have you checked your display language? It is at:

Charm Bar >> Settings >> PC Settings >> General >> Language, Language Preferences

The only thing I can think of is that your language is set to Chinese and the other apps don't support Chinese so it comes up in English as the default.

Fixed it.

The language preferences were set to

English(UK) as primary.

Chinese as second

English (US) third

In that order the display in Evernote is Chinese.

When I change it to:

English(UK)

English(US)

Chinese

Then the display in Evernote is English

I tried changing it a few times to confirm, the display in Evernote is only in English if Chinese is the last preference

FYI

Region - Location is set to Hong Kong SAR

Region - Administrative - Language for non-Unicode Prg is set to English(UK)

TimeZone is set Eastern Time(US & Canada)

Fixed it.

The language preferences were set to

English(UK) as primary.

Chinese as second

English (US) third

In that order the display in Evernote is Chinese.

When I change it to:

English(UK)

English(US)

Chinese

Then the display in Evernote is English

I tried changing it a few times to confirm, the display in Evernote is only in English if Chinese is the last preference

FYI

Region - Location is set to Hong Kong SAR

Region - Administrative - Language for non-Unicode Prg is set to English(UK)

TimeZone is set Eastern Time(US & Canada)

Ohhh. Wow that explains it. We don't have anything for UK, so it falls back to Chinese. I'll talk to our localisation folks and see if UK - English can default to US - English or something similar. Though we might spell your favourite words incorrectly

Archived