(Archived) How Can I Get Outlook To Auto Email

C6REW

Hi All,

I have searched the forum but cannot find an answer to this.

I need Outlook to automatically forward emails with specific words in the title to an Evernote folder.

Having checked IFTTT they don't seem to do anything with Outlook - I wonder if they don't like Microsoft! I can do it via gmail with IFTTT but that would mean a lot of duplication and unnecessary clutter.

It can also obviously be done manually, but that doesn't give me the functionality or use I need.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Chris

Having searched for a while to get an answer to this I think I may have found it myself.

I can see that it is possible to make a rule in Outlook that allows an email to be forwarded if there is something in the title. So all I need to do now is find my notes on how to put the email address and notebook in I want it to go into in Evernote.

Regards

Chris

Right, I have them going to Evernote, but now I need to direct them to a specific folder.

Can I do this in the email address or do I have to somehow change the email title automatically?

Regards

Chris

Cracked it!

For those who are interested this works easily and well.

Using information from this website:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/rules/run-script-rule-change-subject-message/

I changed the VB script to add my text to the title then forward it to my Evernote email address and correct folder.

Then I created a rule in Outlook which searched for emails coming in with the text, move them into a folder, then take emails in that folder and run the script I just created.

What this does in reality is let me have access to one supplier's order acknowledgements wherever I am. I can then see when stock order items are due in.

Seems to work very well.

Hope this helps others.

Best regards

Chris

• 9 months later...

Archived