(Archived) LOVE is the most tiring bug in Evernote

Hi EVERybody

:)!

My name is Norbert. Or maybe call me now EVERbert (EVERbird?). I am a newbie in the wonderful EN world. Like every newbie probably I will be very enthusiastic :) so please excuse me for being maybe a bit TOO enthusiastic :) (and excuse me for my English, English is not my mother/native language, I am a Pole).

Yes, I started being a bit cuckoo/crazy about EN. Probably in the next week I will go and make a tattoo with green elephant on my chest or what :)? I am really close to do this but not enough desperate and not enough young to do this :)

You, all EN lovers, probably know this state of mind?

Yes. I am in love with EN. I use it everywhere and everytime. In my car, in the shop, on the street, in my house being UPstairs, in my house being DOWNstairs, even in the garage, really EVERywhere. When I have an idea what melody to sing, when I jump into idea what words phrase to write.

Maybe it sound too pathetic but in one month EN changed my life (in the platform of organizing things in my life).

My first contact with EN was many years ago. Nothing exceptional. But lately - when started being a user of an android smartphone, there was a need to choose a good notebook available on many platforms (Android, PC and notebook). After checking tons/tens of apps, there was a final three:

1. Evernote

2. Catch

3. Onenote

I mean:

1. Cindy Crawford

2. Oprah Winfrey (nice but too thin)

3. Oprah Winfrey (nice but too fat)

Buahaha (buahaha at Onenote and Catch :)

As You probably know, Catch and Onenote had no chance winning with such a 800-pound gorilla (I like this metaphore :) - I found it somewhere in the web:

==============

"In the domain of note-taking software, Evernote is the 800-pound gorilla. It’s a juggernaut with features upon features and the confidence that comes with a smart, capable team and massive funding. It does everything. It’s everywhere. And it’s only getting bigger."

=================

Yes, growing big and fat (every week brings us news about new "friends" (apps) of EN, new things that will be implemented into EN, new updates appear, etc.)

After one week I bought Premium and I gather money to buy more -if Evernote is available at stock market

:).

Anyway, I have a few questions to You, EN wonderful girls and guys:

1.one cannot sent an email to a Notebook titled (begun by mark @) lets say: "@Inbox" (one cannot address an email writing in emails subject:

My notes @@Inbox #notes

so it is better not to name notebooks begining their names with "@" like "@blabla"?

2.where can I find an EN list of all shortcuts for formatting (by keyboard) the text in a note (like CTRL+B = bold; CTRL-+ lesser/bigger fonts )

3.in the moment when I gather together lets say 5 notes into one note, I can add only one tag to them, there is no possibility to add another ones? (Win app)

4.A desperate need for skins!, customizable UI (like in famous pocomail.com, where one could customize fonts, colours, etc.). EN app for Windows looks a bit like Windows 3.1 or Windows 2000. A bit too archaic?

I would love EN to be a Cindy Crawford amongst any other apps. Probably not everybody likes Cindy Crawford, maybe someone loves Elton John, so EN being customizable would be a good option? => someone can have EN UI in Cindy Crawford style, other can have EN in Elton John style:)

Why such a candy? Because EN is the best. Being the best is fantastic but being the best is also a challenge. Challenge to be not only the best but also the nicest/good looking. Someone wrote that EN is not a candy for youngsters. OK, it is not but it should be. ALSO should be. Being the best is challenging. Being a gorilla one must be the best, the nicest, etc. No limits!

5. Someone wrote also that EN is not a to-do-list. OK, it is not but why it should not be? NO LIMITS!

6. EN is not a calendar. Why, ***** (Polish emotional expression:), not?

Why not to implement such things like to-do-list and calendar into EN? Why to use such - not perfect - outer apps like Meshin or TuskToolsCalendar? Why not to make Evernote the biggest Gorrilla on the World? No limits for Evernote, because Evernote is the best!

7.I go to the shop. I want to buy lets say a book. In the shop there are 1000000 books, I photograph 10 of them, I send photos to EN. I go back home. I open my Win app. Sync. I got 10 notes with 10 books. Each has 3 MB, I gather them into one note called "Book to buy". The note has now about 30 MB, it loads slowly, it takes AGES.

Any workarounds/workabouts?

One is to put in my Xperia X10/Android defaults far less to make a photo (one photo would have not 3 MB but lets say 0,3 MB? But when I meet a nice girl on the street - I then must take her photo of 0,5 MB not as usual 3,5 MB :(

Another is to make all those (10 of them) photos a bit less by Skitch. Hardworking :(

8.Android font size. I tell to my parents: install EN! They did it on their smartphones/android (Xperia x10) but they dropped it, they installed Catch instead.

Why? Fonts in EN (for Android) are sooooooooooooooo small. My parents cannot read it. I am close to the age when I wont be able to do this like my parents, neither :(

Thank You!

Hugs to all EN lovers,

Yours, Norbert,

or rather Everbert :)

If you post your questions in a reasonably sized font that can be read without magnifying the screen and without the inexplicable references to Oprah Winfrey and her weight, I might be able to answer some of them. ;)

The forum can take pasted content and apply fonts to it...I have had it happen to me as well (I think it depends on what you are pasting from)

Anyway, the questions that I can answer:

1. It seems that the first @ is taken as a title so sending an email with the subject: title @@notebook #tag will send a note with a title of title @

2.See: (Assuming Windows)

https://support.evernote.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=625&hitOffset=839+825+485+476+360+340+329+132+123+63+55+41+28+5&docID=24005

There may be some missing (Ctrl + or Ctrl - )

3. When you select multiple notes and add tags, pressing Enter should allow you to add multiple tags

You can also use the Assign tags window: Ctrl + Alt + T

4. There are two 4s?

- Skins - I don't think that this will be something EN will introduce.

- Large Note (lots of attachments) is slow to open - Perhaps it would be better to split the note up, and have a better way to group them (Perhaps a tag, or a master note with links to the others?

5. There is a setting in Android (Accessibility) to use Large text. It doesn't make everything larger, but it can help in some areas.

My post was written in Tahoma size 18 in Evernote (Win7), then pasted into forum.

===================

Metrodon: "Sorry, I can't read that."

OK, I make it again with bigger font:

======================

Hi EVERybody!

My name is Norbert. Or maybe call me now EVERbert (EVERbird?). I am a newbie in the wonderful EN world. Like every newbie probably I will be very enthusiastic so please excuse me for being maybe a bit TOO enthusiastic (and excuse me for my English, English is not my mother/native language, I am a Pole).

Yes, I started being a bit cuckoo/crazy about EN. Probably in the next week I will go and make a tattoo with green elephant on my chest or what ? I am really close to do this but not enough desperate and not enough young to do this

You, all EN lovers, probably know this state of mind?

Yes. I am in love with EN. I use it everywhere and everytime. In my car, in the shop, on the street, in my house being UPstairs, in my house being DOWNstairs, even in the garage, really EVERywhere. When I have an idea what melody to sing, when I jump into idea what words phrase to write.

Maybe it sound too pathetic but in one month EN changed my life (in the platform of organizing things in my life).

My first contact with EN was many years ago. Nothing exceptional. But lately - when started being a user of an android smartphone, there was a need to choose a good notebook available on many platforms (Android, PC and notebook). After checking tons/tens of apps, there was a final three:

1. Evernote

2. Catch

3. Onenote

I mean:

1. Cindy Crawford

2. Oprah Winfrey (nice but too thin)

3. Oprah Winfrey (nice but too fat)

Buahaha (buahaha at Onenote and Catch

As You probably know, Catch and Onenote had no chance winning with such a 800-pound gorilla (I like this metaphore - I found it somewhere in the web:

==============

"In the domain of note-taking software, Evernote is the 800-pound gorilla. It’s a juggernaut with features upon features and the confidence that comes with a smart, capable team and massive funding. It does everything. It’s everywhere. And it’s only getting bigger."

=================

Yes, growing big and fat (every week brings us news about new "friends" (apps) of EN, new things that will be implemented into EN, new updates appear, etc.)

After one week I bought Premium and I gather money to buy more -if Evernote is available at stock market.

Anyway, I have a few questions to You, EN wonderful girls and guys:

1.one cannot sent an email to a Notebook titled (begun by mark @) lets say: "@Inbox" (one cannot address an email writing in emails subject:

My notes @@Inbox #notes

so it is better not to name notebooks begining their names with "@" like "@blabla"?

2.where can I find an EN list of all shortcuts for formatting (by keyboard) the text in a note (like CTRL+B = bold; CTRL-+ lesser/bigger fonts )

3.in the moment when I gather together lets say 5 notes into one note, I can add only one tag to them, there is no possibility to add another ones? (Win app)

4.A desperate need for skins!, customizable UI (like in famous pocomail.com, where one could customize fonts, colours, etc.). EN app for Windows looks a bit like Windows 3.1 or Windows 2000. A bit too archaic?

I would love EN to be a Cindy Crawford amongst any other apps. Probably not everybody likes Cindy Crawford, maybe someone loves Elton John, so EN being customizable would be a good option? => someone can have EN UI in Cindy Crawford style, other can have EN in Elton John style:)

Why such a candy? Because EN is the best. Being the best is fantastic but being the best is also a challenge. Challenge to be not only the best but also the nicest/good looking. Someone wrote that EN is not a candy for youngsters. OK, it is not but it should be. ALSO should be. Being the best is challenging. Being a gorilla one must be the best, the nicest, etc. No limits!

5. Someone wrote also that EN is not a to-do-list. OK, it is not but why it should not be? NO LIMITS!

6. EN is not a calendar. Why, ***** (Polish emotional expression:), not?

Why not to implement such things like to-do-list and calendar into EN? Why to use such - not perfect - outer apps like Meshin or TuskToolsCalendar? Why not to make Evernote the biggest Gorrilla on the World? No limits for Evernote, because Evernote is the best!

7.I go to the shop. I want to buy lets say a book. In the shop there are 1000000 books, I photograph 10 of them, I send photos to EN. I go back home. I open my Win app. Sync. I got 10 notes with 10 books. Each has 3 MB, I gather them into one note called "Book to buy". The note has now about 30 MB, it loads slowly, it takes AGES.

Any workarounds/workabouts?

One is to put in my Xperia X10/Android defaults far less to make a photo (one photo would have not 3 MB but lets say 0,3 MB? But when I meet a nice girl on the street - I then must take her photo of 0,5 MB not as usual 3,5 MB

Another is to make all those (10 of them) photos a bit less by Skitch. Hardworking

8.Android font size. I tell to my parents: install EN! They did it on their smartphones/android (Xperia x10) but they dropped it, they installed Catch instead.

Why? Fonts in EN (for Android) are sooooooooooooooo small. My parents cannot read it. I am close to the age when I wont be able to do this like my parents, neither

Thank You!

Hugs to all EN lovers,

Yours, Norbert,

or rather Everbert

spg Scott,

thanks for Your reply, it made many of my questions answered, thank You.

One more question:

I made a part of a note X bold on my laptop:

https://www.evernote.com/pub/bodha22/questions

(a note called laptop)

I synced. Then on my PC

https://www.evernote.com/pub/bodha22/questions

(a note called PC)

I synced and in this note X there is no bold parts (maybe because on my PC I made a default font: ARIAL BLACK which has no "bold-nobold" chance, this font is bold by its very nature :) but:

Is it a kind of a bug or to have the formatting saved - must I have on all platforms (PC, laptop) made the same default font?

I mean: if I make some note in one platform (laptop), after synchronization shouldn`t it OVERwrite the default fonts in another platform (PC)? Or not?

Archived