(Archived) Backing Up Evernote from Mac OS X 10.8.2 LOCAL files?

Ihaveaquestion

Idea

Hi-

I have the new evernote 5.0 on a mac with OSX 10.8.2. I can not find the evernote data files in the Library/application support directory. No reference to EN at all. I did find some files under Container in the Library directory on my Crashplan backup but not on my TimeMachine backup.

I don't want to fully use EN until I know I can backup my local notebooks to a second source, external hard drive etc.

Can anyone tell me:

1. How to set up an ongoing backup of my LOCAL notebooks via time machine AND crashplan

2. How to restore using these backup sources.

Thank you

3 replies to this idea

Hi-

I have the new evernote 5.0 on a mac with OSX 10.8.2. I can not find the evernote data files in the Library/application support directory. No reference to EN at all. I did find some files under Container in the Library directory on my Crashplan backup but not on my TimeMachine backup.

I don't want to fully use EN until I know I can backup my local notebooks to a second source, external hard drive etc.

Can anyone tell me:

1. How to set up an ongoing backup of my LOCAL notebooks via time machine AND crashplan

2. How to restore using these backup sources.

Thank you

The search function is your friend. This was discussed as recently as earlier today.

Thank you. Yes. I read that post but the folders that poster referenced are empty in my backup crashplan and don't appear on the Timemachine backup. This is why I was asking HOW you actually restore from these files. It's not clear how that would work - especially from Time Machine where no reference to EN is showing. Since downloading EN 5, I've already found two major bugs. I'm wondering if I've found another one.

hmmmmm...

Archived