(Archived) When will Evernote 5 for Windows come?

WatchmanLPZ

Let's let Evernote work out the bugs with the Mac users first; before releasing it in Windows.

Sure it is, I just can't help thinking of it.

I do hope it will be the best Christmas gift from Evernote Inc. :lol:

By the way, where can I find the latest news about Evernote 5 for Windows or Android?

• Level 5

By the way, where can I find the latest news about Evernote 5 for Windows or Android?

I have not seen anything yet for the Windows client.

Don't have an Android, so it is not on my radar.

• Level 5*

There is none. The Evernote folks aren't talking as far as I can tell, so it's all currently wishful thinking or fearful dreading on the part of users.

There is none. The Evernote folks aren't talking as far as I can tell, so it's all currently wishful thinking or fearful dreading on the part of users.

Well, thanks for your honest reply sincerely.

Maybe it's timing to buy a mac air.

Rumor says that they cost more than half of development budget to develop new application on Mac devices, is it true?

Well, thanks for your honest reply sincerely.

Maybe it's timing to buy a mac air.

Rumor says that they cost more than half of development budget to develop new application on Mac devices, is it true?

Not a bad idea, as with a Macbook Air you could help fix EN5.... But the rest of us who need to use EN reliably & at its best will carry on in Windows!

May I ask that why are the evernote people so obsessed with the Apple ecosystem? Why are Windows and Android in the second line? Why aren't all the features cross-platform?

Are you joking? The Windows & Android clients are probably the best.... LOL

What are you missing?

• Level 5*

May I ask that why are the evernote people so obsessed with the Apple ecosystem? Why are Windows and Android in the second line? Why aren't all the features cross-platform?

Well, it may look that way on the surface (get it? Surface - hahaha), but I think this is a misperception. Evernote has different teams working on different clients, they are constantly improving the products, and they come out at different times. That's how it has been for a long time now. Windows is the most popular Evernote client (as far as I know), and Android has the fastest growing user base (as far as I know), so Evernote is quite committed to them.

In fact, if you look closely at releases, you'll find that things sometimes come out on Android first, and major updates to Windows sometimes come ahead of other clients. I think Windows 4 came out in 2010 well ahead of the Mac overhaul, but I could be wrong about this.

For example, Android has a beta out right at this moment that appears to be the only client with right-to-left support, which has long been requested by users of Arabic and Hebrew. I would say that is huge, and I believe it is a first for the company (there was a way to use Firefox in the past, but I think that had more to do with the browser than with Evernote).

More importantly, though, I'd say the Windows and Android versions are especially well-designed with lots of information density and more features than their OSX and iOS counterparts. Whether you think this is "good" or "bad," is another matter, but I think these aspects are much, much more important than the frequency of updates. If you want a Vertical List View, where can you find it? Only (as far as I know) on Windows and Android. If you want a back button, where can you find it? On Windows. If you want to sort by tags, where can you find it? Only on Windows. If you want to see data about your notes like word counts, character counts, etc. at a glance, where can you find it? Only on Windows.

Even though I live in the Appleverse with an iPad and Macbook Air, I use Parallels so that I can access the Windows version, and I tend to use the Android tablet for taking notes, because the user interface better fit my needs :)

https://www.evernote...95698bf3329fdbd

I say, let the developers take their time. The app is almost perfectly suited to my needs, I am in no rush, and I want to make sure that they not only have the time to include the current functionality in any update, but also have time to put in the new stuff as well.

Archived