(Archived) Evernote needed improvements

I have been an Evernote user for more than a year and although I find the service very useful, there are some things that might make things even better.

If I would need to summarize the issues in 1 word - I would say "synchronization".

There is lack of synchronization between the features in the iPad app and does of the PC version. The main drawbacks of each one are features existing in the other:

Evernote 5 for iPad

• There is a strange bug which causes the tag list to be 'blacked' when editing new tags in a note. you can see your tags, but you need to scroll to the top of the screen to do so. Try editing a tag (with the ! icon) and see what I mean.
  • for some reason the search option only search text within a message (or in its title) doesn't search tags! This seemed as a real bug, since the aim of tags is to help identify items.This is different behavior than the PC app - since it will search tags there.Web clipper for iPad - when ?

Evernote for PC (4.5..)

• Allowing right to left writing - this is extremely important for Hebrew/Arabic users, especially when it is enabled in the iPad version.
  • Highlighting paragraphs - when researching information, it is important to be able to highlight text sections that include important information. This option appear in the iPad app but doesn't exists in the PC version.

Itayo

Hi Itayo,

The blacking out of tabs in iPad version 5 has been spoken about at length if you search the forum. Seems the fault is more to do with using the iPad 1. I found that if you re boot the iPad it works fine. Having just bought the latest iPad 4 it doesn't happen on that.

Not sure what you mean about not being able to highlight text in the pc version. This works fine for me.

Regards

Chris

Hi Itayo,

The blacking out of tabs in iPad version 5 has been spoken about at length if you search the forum. Seems the fault is more to do with using the iPad 1. I found that if you re boot the iPad it works fine. Having just bought the latest iPad 4 it doesn't happen on that.

Not sure what you mean about not being able to highlight text in the pc version. This works fine for me.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

The iPad problem is happening on my iPad 3 (iOS 6.01) and even a restart didn't resolve it,

As for the highlighting, on the iPad there is an (!) option that colors the text in yellow. I haven't been able to locate this feature on the PC version.

Regards,

Itay

Hi Itayo,

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

The iPad problem is happening on my iPad 3 (iOS 6.01) and even a restart didn't resolve it,

As for the highlighting, on the iPad there is an (!) option that colors the text in yellow. I haven't been able to locate this feature on the PC version.

Regards,

Itay

Hi Itayo,

You really need to raise a ticket for the iPad problem. I am not aware of it being a problem on an iPad 3!

As to highlighting on a PC. I am sorry, but wonder if you mean you want to colour the text? Personally I don't know how to do it on an iPad, but on the PC it is simple to select the text then use 'text colour' selection on the toolbar to change it. Forgive me if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Best regards

Chris

Archived