(Archived) Couple of possible bugs - Love EN 5!

rogw

Idea

There are a couple of bugs that I see in EN 5. I love it, it's way more customizable for using and I think overall it's better. Here are a couple of bugs.

1. Where di the trash go? I can find it when I right click on the note I want to delete. I can see it in the whole-screen view of the notebooks. But I cannot drag it to the shortcuts list. I cannot just hit a trash icon to delete a note when I am trying to clean up. So, when I delete things it's a 2-3 click process rather than simply clicking on the trashcan icon. I'm going to miss that.

If I could drag the trash notebook to the shortcuts, or if I could have an icon in the top title bar, I'd be all happy again.

2. Font formatting and Inserting Text - Conventional use of inserting text in most programs including older versions of EN, allowed me to hit Cmd-B (turn bold on) cmd-V (to insert text) and it would come in as bold text. Now, I hit cmd-B and then insert the text it undoes the bold. Then If I block that next text out and make it bold, go to the end of the text, and turn the bold off hit the space bar and insert more text that I don't want bold, it backs it up and makes it all bold.

Two programs I use a lot are iclipboard from Chronos.com and Text Expander from smileonmymac.com that allows me to insert text from the the clipboard or from short cuts pre-designed. I use these a lot and the inability to have the font controls that follow conventional wisdom in almost all programs seems like a bug - albeit a pretty minor one.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Thanks for the kind words! To your points:

1 - Trash will be draggable to the shortcuts in our next public release. In the meantime, you can just click the note and hit the delete key (or right-click as you mentioned)

2 - Pasting always respects the source's formatting. To use the destination formatting, hit cmd-shift-v :)

Jackolicious,

So how do i 'un-delete' in the meantime?

1 - Trash will be draggable to the shortcuts in our next public release. In the meantime, you can just click the note and hit the delete key (or right-click as you mentioned)

2 - Pasting always respects the source's formatting. To use the destination formatting, hit cmd-shift-v :)

• Level 5*

Jackolicious,

So how do i 'un-delete' in the meantime?

Go to your Notebooks, go into the Trash, right-click, and "Restore" the note.

Thanks for the update coming on the trash. That works for me. Love EVERNOTE! It is my life!

The previous two versions allowed me when I pasted, to paste into the bold setting. In other words, I would hit cmd-bold, then cmd-V and it would be pasted as bold text. Worked the same with TextExpander from SmileonMyMac.com.

But secondly, when I go back and block the text out that wasn't bolded, make it bold - go to the end of the line, unbold, then cmd-v for my next insert into the note, now everything becomes bold. In other words, it won't make some bold, but will make others - and I can reproduce it every time....

Archived