(Archived) Simple Web interface?

This may be an unique problem, but also may apply to people holding on to unmatched older devices like the Palm. I don't own one, but from what I've seen from my buddy, it's indeed unmatched in capabilitieis in anything short of a netbook + hundreds of dollars in software, and unmatched in usability even by the iPad.

What I do own is a Kindle, e-ink version. It's where I do most of my free-association reading. It has a simple web browser, but can't handle the dynamic, emulate-the-desktop pyrotechnics of the web interface. I'd really, really, really benefit from a read-only, web 1.0-style interface to my Evernote. I'm sure this has some marginal demand in older device users, as well as people temporarily constrained by slow connections -- maybe on the go through the queerer parts of the earth.

Please consider this. It's a weekend's worth of coding, if you let design aside altogether and ignore tags.

• Level 5*

This may be an unique problem, but also may apply to people holding on to unmatched older devices like the Palm. I don't own one, but from what I've seen from my buddy, it's indeed unmatched in capabilitieis in anything short of a netbook + hundreds of dollars in software, and unmatched in usability even by the iPad.

What I do own is a Kindle, e-ink version. It's where I do most of my free-association reading. It has a simple web browser, but can't handle the dynamic, emulate-the-desktop pyrotechnics of the web interface. I'd really, really, really benefit from a read-only, web 1.0-style interface to my Evernote. I'm sure this has some marginal demand in older device users, as well as people temporarily constrained by slow connections -- maybe on the go through the queerer parts of the earth.

Please consider this. It's a weekend's worth of coding, if you let design aside altogether and ignore tags.

I don't know if it will work on the Kindle (I've had limited success with the Web on the Kindle), but the Evernote mobile site might be worth a try.

http://www.evernote.com/m/

Archived