(Archived) Why does it never look the same when I copy and paste?

Hi,

When I first got evernote a few years ago in the first version I used to be able to copy anything and paste it into evernote and it would look identical and be in same format as what I copied. A year later after an update all these facilities disappeared and anything pasted would appear in standard font etc and with no format. So when I would go and see info it would be impossible to understand.

For example I used to copy and paste excel spread sheets. Now I copy them and they only appear as text with no format when pasted... The same is still happening now.

Anyone know if there is something wrong with my Evernote or it is now like that forever?

Thanks,

• Level 5*

Hi,

When I first got evernote a few years ago in the first version I used to be able to copy anything and paste it into evernote and it would look identical and be in same format as what I copied. A year later after an update all these facilities disappeared and anything pasted would appear in standard font etc and with no format. So when I would go and see info it would be impossible to understand.

For example I used to copy and paste excel spread sheets. Now I copy them and they only appear as text with no format when pasted... The same is still happening now.

Anyone know if there is something wrong with my Evernote or it is now like that forever?

Thanks,

Hmmn - and 'copy anything' from where exactly - desktop / web / picture file ? and with what - clipper / native OS clipboard / screenshot ? - some examples might help.

- I've not noticed any substantial change, but I'm not usually concerned with layout as such. As a general observation, the content of web pages has changed considerably in the past few years and some of the more advanced features probably won't easily be copied over into a note.

Archived