(Archived) Evernote 5 - Note Info Panel Bug

wrk3

Idea

First, I want to say that I like the new 5.0 Mac version. I particularly appreciate the Simplify Formatting feature. I often capture web pages that the web clipper or Clearly can't capture, and trying to edit a page with all the hidden formatting was frustrating. Thank you for adding this.

I have come across a minor annoyance that I thought I would pass on. This may or may not be a bug, but it seems not to be the right way to do things.

This happens with any field that can be edited in the note info panel.

I'm using Version 5.0.0 (400524) running on new (mid-2012) Macbook Air running OS X 10.8.2 (12C3006).

To reproduce:

1. Select a note.

2. Click the "i" icon in the upper right corner to reveal the note information.

3. Click in the URL field (for example) and add a URL

4. Click a new note in the note list.

5. Click the "i" icon to bring up the note information panel.

6. Click in the URL field

At this point, the information panel will fade away. You cannot type in the URL field.

To solve this problem, before I click on a new note (step 4), I click in the body of the current note to make the information panel disappear. If I then click on a new note, the "i", then in the URL field, the panel will remain visible and I can add a URL.

It seems that it should be possible to click a new note while the info panel is visible, bring up the info panel of that new note, and click in a field to edit it without the panel disappearing and having to click the information button a second time.

Thanks.

1 reply to this idea

Archived