Evernote 5.0.0 for Mac

Jackolicious

Idea

• Level 5

Hi everyone,

We just released version 5.0 and couldn't be more excited! It incorporates a lot of changes that you, our community, suggested and we hope that you enjoy it.

Before I get to the release notes, I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your feedback and support during the beta period. It means a tremendous amount to us at Evernote to have such passionate and engaged users. The EN Mac community has been incredibly helpful in shaping what v5 is today. Keep in mind, what we shipped today is by no means final and we will keep working tirelessly to improve it for you. You are our motivation, so thank you!

Without further ado, here are the updates since the last public beta:

• Note sort order preferences are remembered
  • More applescript fixes
  • Fixed the notebook sharing dialog for smaller screens
  • Fixed multi-select note view alignment
  • Fixed some copy/paste whitespace issues
  • Reduced overall memory consumption
  • Improved stability dramatically
  • You can now drop files onto the note list
  • New App Store to Direct Download version migrator

By far the BIGGEST improvement is the SPEED.

With all due respects, maybe this is more of a relative thing for you, given the amazingly large number of notes you appear to have. I have several thousand notes, but not even anywhere NEAR what you seem to have, and for me, Evernote 5 was SLOW. It was much slower at everything, and at doing anything, than the previous version. Having rolled back to the previous version, the increase in speed back to what I'm used to is very noticeable.

So maybe it IS a function of the number of notes?

I think it's probably a function of the number of TAGS. I would expect that it's common for people to have gajillions of notes, but not so common to have enormous numbers of tags. For example, I have about 2000 notes, but nearly 5000 tags (4,895). It's unbearably slow, to the point where I'm manually deleting tags on the iPad app, because I simply cannot use the Mac app.

Have you ever tried to manually delete about 3000 tags? It's not fun. :(

Very good point about the number of tags. Maybe that is something that the developers need to look at?

Personally, I only use very generalised tags (eg Music, Photography, Recipe, etc, and the star system occasionally). I also have the notes separated into their respective notebooks under similar headings. But of course, some notes have more than one tag - but they're still very generalised (eg a note with a purchase receipt for some music software would have tags of "Music", "Financial" and "Software".)

I think generating highly individual tags for each note almost seems to defeat the purpose of tags - the notes themselves ARE the tags in many cases. So my tags are very manageable.

One person I know uses the date as a tag - but that is pure duplication, as the date created is part of the note info metadata anyway, and can be sorted on.

I think you have a very good point that it may be the tags slowing down EN, particularly the new version. Even though ENv5 was much slower on my systems with nowhere near the number of tags that some people seem to have.

• Level 5

stack, thanks for the feedback.

- tags on multiple notes: selecting multiple notes should let you add tags in bulk https://www.evernote.com/shard/s3/sh/1e1bf5c4-15d7-4e55-a787-33d0663ae6bd/de8edf8450c7f6c26e27a721cb17ac18

greenctzn, please open a request with support.

In the meantime, you can try to re-download the app directly from us here: http://evernote.com/evernote/index.php?file=EvernoteMac

One thing I liked before but haven't figured out since the update is how to navigate the left side bar with the keyboard, pressing up and down arrows or left and right arrows to expand and contract nested tags. Same for the tag view pane. Am I missing something? Thanks

The new sidebar is unusable.

I've been running the beta, and now the GM, for approximately 3 weeks, now. After giving it "the old college try," I must say I remain immensely frustrated by the difficulty involved to simply locate and view any particular notebook. I have not gotten "accustomed" to it, because it is simply unintuitive. While I do like many things about 5.0, this change in particular -- with all due respect -- feels like a HUGE step backward in usability.

I have a number of nested notebooks. I simply want to look at my sidebar, see my hierarchy, and select the notebook I need. In one step. Now, finding my nested notebooks and displaying their notes is a horrific chore. It's not clever. It's not modern. It's a recurring exercise in aggravation and frustration.

When the new method of doing something takes significantly more time (and clicks) than it did before, it's difficult to comprehend how it could be viewed -- by anyone -- as an improvement. I say this with all sincerity and with due respect.

It's simply awful.

Please, please return the complete hierarchy back to the sidebar -- even if only as an option, to protect those who may prefer the new method.

I'm begging you.

Would anyone mind a quick run-down of the new location ("Atlas") features? Mainly, how to turn it off? I just upgraded to Evernote 5 and I'm using OS X 10.7.5, if that helps. Basically, when creating a new note, I clicked things way too fast and seemed to have accidentally turned on locations for notes. The result being all my notes are now on a map in the Atlas feature. While aesthetically pleasing, I'm personally not really a fan of this, and can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. Any suggestions? There is a good chance I'm just overlooking some option somewhere in the app. Thanks!

• Level 5*

Would anyone mind a quick run-down of the new location ("Atlas") features? Mainly, how to turn it off? I just upgraded to Evernote 5 and I'm using OS X 10.7.5, if that helps. Basically, when creating a new note, I clicked things way too fast and seemed to have accidentally turned on locations for notes. The result being all my notes are now on a map in the Atlas feature. While aesthetically pleasing, I'm personally not really a fan of this, and can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. Any suggestions? There is a good chance I'm just overlooking some option somewhere in the app. Thanks!

Hi. Here you go.

• Level 5*

BUG: Searches

- If you have something in the search field filtering your results (in my case, "intitle:journal") and you open a note to edit it, if you switch to another app (in my case, Pages), when you go back to Evernote the note is gone and 0 notes are displayed. You have to run the search again and track down the note to edit it. I believe the expected behavior would be that your cursor remains in the exact same position when you return (as it does when you have no searches in the search field).

Hello! I updated to Evernote 5 few minutes ago and i can't find, where can i change location (geotag) of my note? I use Evernote to plan my journeys and create one note per one place i'm going to visit. Now i can't specify location for created note!

I, too, am dissapointed with version 5. I live my life on Evernote! I find the new version difficult to use. A lot of the usability functions have been removed. I used to create new notebooks by write-clicking on the list of stacks. Now I have to click on Notebooks->New Notebook->Drag it to where it's supposed to be.

I see you've aimed for aesthetics, but you sacrificed usability. Also the dropdown menus of the notebook and the New Note, are counter-intuitive and ugly.

I miss the delete button! Now I have to right-click and select delete.

I'm going back to version 3.

Hello! I updated to Evernote 5 few minutes ago and i can't find, where can i change location (geotag) of my note? I use Evernote to plan my journeys and create one note per one place i'm going to visit. Now i can't specify location for created note!

It's under the information tab, but for some reason can't edit it either. I can only click the compass icon.

I really like Evernote V5. Faster, less visually opaque. The coloring of the dates really grabs my eye. I do believe stacks should either have a disclosure triangle though, or the ability to double-click to open/collapse the stack. Small usability thing, but it breaks UI expectations to hide the function behind a right-click.

• Level 5*

I really like Evernote V5. Faster, less visually opaque.

The performance of Ver 5 seems to vary user-to-user.

Some report Ver 5 slower, some report it faster.

It is definitely slower for me.

In particular the sync process now seems to take twice as long.

• Level 5*

BUG: Editing

- Sometimes (not all of the time) I am editing a note, I sync, and then it disappears. Again (as reported earlier), this seems to happen when I have my notes filtered by a search. I have to re-run the search to find the note, even though I have not done anything that would affect the search criteria, so the note ought to remain visible.

Dear Mod,

I just upgraded to your most recent release. This is the first version in all my experience with Evernote, some three years, where it's crashing every single time, rendering my experience almost unusable. Might I have some guidance here? I'm on a Mac Air, running 10.6.8 and using Firefox, and have embedded an Evernote applet within my bookmarks toolbar, which automatically launches Evernote as a discrete application. When I run Chrome, which doesn't launch the Evernote app, I can clip and save.

Cheers, Jer

Feature Request: Add back the note count to the Notebook list in the sidebar like in previous versions. Really helps for the read it later and other to-do action categories to get a glimpse of the backlog. I know you can get that with view notebooks, but that's not a natural place that I look and I need to more "notice" it that specifically go looking for it.

Is anybody else missing the ability to select multiple tags in the side bar? I know this can be done in the new tag window (which I like in some ways) but when you're searching multiple tags in particular notebooks (which I do dozens of times a day) it was far easier to do in the old side bar. Am I missing something here? Why has it been disabled in 5?

Now, as it has been a couple of weeks since I "upgraded" to v5.0., can anyone remember what the most recent version was on the Mac before the v5 upgrade? I have v3.0.6 here, but if I can find a later version, but pre v5, I'll install that.

Fortunately, I usually make a zipped copy of an App before a big upgrade just in case (zip stops it being updated and deleted) - my copy of Evernote 3 says v.3.3.1

A feature I am missing in v.5 is less notebook management ability in the new dark grey sidebar.

I have "Show Notebook List" turned on to try and replicate version 3, but I want to rearrange notebooks - for example: I can't drag a notebook to a stack to have it move into that stack anymore. I have to go the extra step of viewing notebooks in the main window to do any heavy lifting.

I miss the old full function sidebar listing, and i will probably miss it in iTunes 11 also I guess. Is form triumphing over function?

I know you guys put a lot of work into this, I can tell, but I have to say usablitity wise it is a major step back for me (so much so that after struggling with it I came to the conclusion that it was not worth it at all. I recovered my old version of the software from the trash and am back to using that).

I actually liked the hierarchical sidebar way of navigating. I know you can turn it back on partially in the new version, but that new list on the sidebar is a neutered version (can't make any changes or move items from there). I will wait out this cycle. I hope in the next cycle the abiltity to choose the full classic view is put back in. Otherwise I'll stick with 3.3 till I find something that replaces evernote entirely.

I completely agree - the new Evernote is pretty, and obviously a lot of care and effort went into it, but it is not as functional as the previous version for me. One of the main things I LOVED LOVED LOVED! about Evernote was how it was much more Outlook-ish, as in workable and productive, easy and flowed, and less Appleish. Now Evernote is basically iPhoto/MacGourmet? Why? Apple is great at making applications pretty but a lot of times their desire to aesthetically please gets in the way of letting me 'just do' what I want/need to do to organize and easily manage my files.

Adding a layer between me and being able to see my notebooks in one easy scroll as the above poster mentioned was particularly upsetting. The card view and awkward side scroll view, while attractive, I cannot see as very practical. I calmed down when I realized I could access my whole list linearly by going into any notebook and then clicking the arrow next to the NB name but that's still not going to work. I agree with another poster that said all the previous version needed was some color and some additional password protection/encryption available on certain notebooks (at least for me, anyway).

Positives with the new version are: I like the smart search, the addition of color (thank you); I don't share NBs but there seemed like there were some good changes there; from a previous version I also liked seeing the url right on the note screen as opposed to going into info; the card view (grid) is actually nice and I like it - just not to the exclusion of the other simple vertical list view and I don't appreciate the additional layer to get to it. Shortcuts and recent notes seemed like nice ideas too, perhaps collapsable and expandable (not sure if they were already are because I already reverted back to 3.3). All in all, thanks for all the ideas you are trying and I still love Evernote (3.3 and probably a hybrid future version I hope) but thanks for an amazing app with amazing functionality and thanks for listening.

I have some serious concerns for the new version.

Ever since I installed it I'm having a serious bug in spotlight searches for evernotes. Not only does Evernote no longer present new notes to the spotlight index. Even worse is that when I do serach for an older note that still reside there and open it, this method of opening a note BLANKS the note and uploads the blanked copy to the server while presenting the correct note on screen. The next time I open Evernote the note is gone, it's blank, clear, empty, and there's nothing in the trashcan or anywhere else. It's just gone, hasta la vista. I had to actually dig through my timemachine to find a data html file for the note to recover it. Not exactly nice, anyone else having this issue? It's horrible, I keep forgetting about it and keep deleting my notes "€&!&!# :(:o

Apart from that I like the LOOK of the new version. It feels abit more like typing on a paper, which, call me a weirdo, feels much more creative (I'm a musician, we're allowed to be weird). There are things I don't like however. While there still is a way to keep all notebooks to the left in the panel it isn't sleek looking at all as it was in the last version. The quickbar is a neat idea but it looks halfbaked and I'd like features such as folders and separators. It's also sketchy. Sometimes when I click a recent note it doesn't really open it. Sometimes when I open the program I get into "all notes" and there's nothing there, freaking me out totally until I click notes again and I find them listed again (jesus are you trying to kill me??)

I'd especially like a comment on the blank note / spotlight search bug, I've filed a ticket already.

Too bad Steve isn't here to get these people (Evernote and Apple) in line.

Has anybody tried reporting this situation to Apple? Maybe they can get it fixed, or just buy the company. Or is Apple throwing their users out with the bash water, too, like Microsoft?

I really like the new look, and thre's a lot to praise. But while I've poked around, I can find a way to sort by title, only date which seems the default. Surely that's not the only sort function.

Got it. In order to change the sorting method you have to go into LIST VIEW. Once you return to card view or anything else, it keeps that sortig method. BTW, why can't we custoixe the cions available. I miss delete for one.

Verdict (after 3 hours sourcing old versions and updating those on three laptops.) version 5 is a very poor app when being used by previous lovers of the app.

People coming to the app for the first time will probably like it.

I fail to see how removing capability can bee seen as improvement.

I have several more friends who are eagerly waiting for links to version 3.3.0 that I have emailed them.

Goodnight

I just upgraded to your most recent release. This is the first version in all my experience with Evernote, some three years, where it's crashing every single time, rendering my experience almost unusable. Might I have some guidance here? I'm on a Mac Air, running 10.6.8 and using Firefox, and have embedded an Evernote applet within my bookmarks toolbar, which automatically launches Evernote as a discrete application. When I run Chrome, which doesn't launch the Evernote app, I can clip and save.

I too am on Mac 10.6.8 and the Evernote Application version 5.0.0 keeps crashing on me! When I launch it and it asks me if I want to import notes from the previous version of Evernote, if I hit "Import Notes", the application crashes. It also seems to crash occasionally when I'm pasting text into the body of a note and, sometimes, without an apparent reason. I'm submitting crash reports like a good little monkey, but I'm wondering if there is any likelihood of the 10.6.8 version getting de-crashified anytime soon or I should install a prior version?

Jo, sounds like you're taking a non-traditional upgrade path if it's asking for your notes to be imported. You might want to submit a support request for that one.

I'd like to start from scratch. I installed Evernote awhile back and fiddled a little with a different username, which I just went and deactivated via the web version of evernote. Is there a way to delete the data from the previous version on my computer so that it stops asking me to try to import it?

• Level 5*

Depending on where you downloaded it from...

If you downloaded directly it's in user/library/application support/evernote

If you downloaded from the app store it's here ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote

Or use an App like App Delete to get rid of everything.

This is in my opinion one of the worst updates I've ever seen, everything that was easy and practical about Evernote is know confusing, overcomplex with stupid interface that throws me off my usual way of doing things in Evernote and it's not adding anything useful. Down right stupid, I understand that a lot of work has been put in this version but it doesn't matter if you forget that there are a lot of users out there.

• Level 5*

This is in my opinion one of the worst updates I've ever seen, everything that was easy and practical about Evernote is know confusing, overcomplex with stupid interface that throws me off my usual way of doing things in Evernote and it's not adding anything useful. Down right stupid, I understand that a lot of work has been put in this version but it doesn't matter if you forget that there are a lot of users out there.

It's a lot easier to understand if you try and be specific, what are you missing?

It's a lot easier to understand if you try and be specific, what are you missing?

The biggest problem is that the new UI f*cked upp my whole way of working and I use evernote to keep tabs on everything I do, it makes everything harder to get to, it was a simple and very effective way to organise stuff, now it's probably very clever and with a million new ways to do things but that was not why I choose evernote in the first place.

When someone and something changes your whole system and tools it's beyond irritating because it interrupts everything.

Why mess up something good that's working and make it complicated to use? It's slower, buggier and it takes a lot more time and clicks to do everything. Instead of click on a "stack" > "notebook" and a "note" in an easy process where everything is in view, now I click on notebooks and a new layer shows with fancy sliding/zooming fuctions where it gets even more confusing with notes, tags, tasks and conflicts show up, then I need to doubleclick to get to notes but then I can't see the other notebooks and then they took away the simple navigation arrows that worked so it's more difficult to stuff not easier and that is stupid. This freakin me out actually, I can't understand how you think when you have a product that is used and loved by millions and then you do an update that changes the original "metaphor" and way of organising things.

I really like Evernote V5. Faster, less visually opaque.

The performance of Ver 5 seems to vary user-to-user.

Some report Ver 5 slower, some report it faster.

It is definitely slower for me.

In particular the sync process now seems to take twice as long.

Is very slow for me. Sometimes even just typing something gives me beach balls. It's maddening

Hello,

In the previous version of Evernote I could drag/drop a link from the browser and Evernote would create a new note, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this in the new version. I would try to drag/drop on the page that shows all the notebooks, but that didn't work. I would open a notebook then try dragging/dropping a link within the area, but that doesn't work either. Please, tell me how to drag/drop a link to create a new note.

Thanks,

Mark

So I found all the discussions interesting, but just need to know - where do I go to roll back to the Mac version that works??

I tried mac.filehorse.com/download-evernote/2755/old-versions/ with no luck - just kept getting shown PC versions.

I am new and green admittedly, so just need to know what to do, specifically.

Thank you - any help is tremendously appreciated!

Lori

Not sure what "Clearly" is, but I suspect you mean "Clever" (for the iPhone) and "CleverHD" (for the iPad).

The only downside of those is there is no local offline storage. For that, you have to use the official Evernote client.

The other one to add is "FastEver" - by far the quickest way to start, write, and enter a note into the Evernote database.

And here is the link for older versions of Evernote - all for the Mac:

http://mac.filehorse.com/download-evernote/old-versions/

NiteStalker,

Thanks for the link, but I cannot get it to work for me. I get this message:

We are unable to install this application because it is not compatible with your system.

Instead, you might be interested in a Genieo Homepage that offers you a personalized homepage experience with news feeds and other information you may be interested in.

And then get moved to someplace weird trying to download something else.

I so want to get this.

Any other thoughts as to where/how to get the 3.3.0 version??

Thank you!

Now, as it has been a couple of weeks since I "upgraded" to v5.0., can anyone remember what the most recent version was on the Mac before the v5 upgrade? I have v3.0.6 here, but if I can find a later version, but pre v5, I'll install that.

Fortunately, I usually make a zipped copy of an App before a big upgrade just in case (zip stops it being updated and deleted) - my copy of Evernote 3 says v.3.3.1

What are the chances you can email that to me??? I am new and wanting to understand all this EN stuff, but the version 5 has so many differences from the tutorials I can't figure it out. Someone sent me to http://mac.filehorse.com/download-evernote/2755/, but that didn't work. Thoughts?? Thank you!!

@Bertel: I don't know why that link isn't working for you. I just downloaded Evernote v3.3.0 Build 300201 from that site again - no problems.

Are you saying you get that message when you try to install it, rather than when you try to download it?

What version of Mac OS are you on? Do you currently have Evernote v5 installed?

When I installed it to roll back, I simply dragged the Evernote app from the expanded Disk Image into the Applications folder which shows in the expanded disk image.

You should get the warning that a newer (or older, depending on when you last installed EN) version is already in the Applications folder, and you just click on "Replace".

Run Evernote, and let it sync. Job done.

I have no idea why yours won't work unless you've downloaded the wrong version, or are running a very old Mac OS like Leopard or earlier....

I just did it again, from that link, and all went perfectly. I'm running Mountain Lion, for what it's worth.

EDIT: just another thought - that message you get sounds suspiciously like a spam re-direct. What browser are you using? And do you get to the FileHorse website properly to start with? May be worth trying a different browser - I'm using Firefox, v17 (latest). Just make sure you're on the Mac software pages of the site - the link I posted above should take you straight to the page with the last several versions of Evernote. Click on Evernote v3.3.0 Build 300201 Then all you have to do is click the "Download" link at the top right.

NightStalker, you're like a super hero to me.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!!!

You are right, I was clicking on the wrong "download" icon on the left - a spam re-director - as you suspected. Anyway, clicked on the upper right hand corner as you pointed out and it worked!

It's downloaded and I'm going back in.

Wish me luck!!! The whole funneling your info. through one station does make sense to me, especially since I have several different streams of income and several creative endeavors going on all at once. I also sustained a massive head injury several years ago which often makes going in a straight line tricky for me. So, we'll see.

Anyway, thanks again!

Have a great night.

Feature Request: Add back the note count to the Notebook list in the sidebar like in previous versions. Really helps for the read it later and other to-do action categories to get a glimpse of the backlog. I know you can get that with view notebooks, but that's not a natural place that I look and I need to more "notice" it that specifically go looking for it.

Huzzah! Just up updated to 5.0.1 and at the top of the release notes is this feature. Super thanks for adding this back in!

v5 is aesthetically wonderful, but it's a step backwards in functionality. It's a triumph in terms of form over function. It now takes 2x 3x as many steps to do simple tasks, but they look so nice. This is not progress.

- The toolbar can't be customized so I have to go to the menus

- In the List view, I can't drag a notebook onto an existing stack.

- I can't create a new notebook with a right click on a stack, I have to change my view so I can see the notebooks (a total waste of screen real estate), create the notebook, drag it to the appropriate stack, and then go back to the Notes view.

- v5 is not ready for release, I'd like to be able to go back to v4!

Ok, up and using system - albeit not perfectly yet, but have a new question:

How do I print a list?

For example, if I go to my @Town task list and there are 8 things on it, how do I print that list to take with me?

When I tried printing it would only print each task/note individually.

Many thanks!

Everything seems/looks great, only issue for me is the "Command F" function will randomly not work. As a student, switching back and forth between notebooks and documents makes this a very time-saving shortcut. Not sure why "Command F" is not consistent, but would be great to get it to work as well as it did in previous versions.

Oh my god what a disaster is this version 5. I'm really disappointed, cant believe this could happen: everything but "eyecandyness" has got worst.

Evernote is the most wonderful tool i've got in my whole life, please get back to 3.3 usability.

P.S.

I've just downgraded, 3.3 works like a charme and i'm happy again! Thank you Nightstalker :)

Boatguy

- You go to the menus for what?

- Re: list view, do you mean in the sidebar?

- What do you think of shortcuts?

- Add a new notebook to a stack

- No context here, but I use the list view on the right side, notebooks above.

- I like shortcuts

Watched the video of the developer/designer meeting and see what you guys were after but, like many here, I can't see any obvious reason why the functionality of 3.3 had to be sacrificed to the cleaner design. And it was sacrificed. : )

I generally like the new design aesthetic - as one example, 3.3 lacked enough margin between the text and borders of the different sections of the main window so the things was croweded and made/makes reading text a bit annoying. That problem is eliminated with the new design. And I like the beyond-Apple mindset of the designers.

But I also like having things functional and while the next logical step in the development of EN was a UI makeover, the choices made in terms of program use are baffling. If there's virtue in less function for some customers, then create a standard set of dumbed-down options that hides the functions that power users love, preserving options to reveal those functions via settings: Let us customize the toolbar, turn on our favorites bar, create saved searches the old way and get our back button back.

The makeover was necessary and the new look is a big improvement. But the program is crippled. Keep the new look but give us back the wonderful functionality.

I noticed that Evernote 5.0.1 changes the aspect ratio of images when you diminish the width of the note preview. That doesn't work for me because I rely on seeing the images as I've captured them. Especially type will become to condensed horizontally. Please give us an option to constrain the aspect ratio and if we want to see more of the image maybe provide is with some sort of full size preview.

Thanks, Jan

I have some serious concerns for the new version.

Ever since I installed it I'm having a serious bug in spotlight searches for evernotes. Not only does Evernote no longer present new notes to the spotlight index. Even worse is that when I do serach for an older note that still reside there and open it, this method of opening a note BLANKS the note and uploads the blanked copy to the server while presenting the correct note on screen. The next time I open Evernote the note is gone, it's blank, clear, empty, and there's nothing in the trashcan or anywhere else. It's just gone, hasta la vista. I had to actually dig through my timemachine to find a data html file for the note to recover it. Not exactly nice, anyone else having this issue? It's horrible, I keep forgetting about it and keep deleting my notes "€&!&!# :(:o

Apart from that I like the LOOK of the new version. It feels abit more like typing on a paper, which, call me a weirdo, feels much more creative (I'm a musician, we're allowed to be weird). There are things I don't like however. While there still is a way to keep all notebooks to the left in the panel it isn't sleek looking at all as it was in the last version. The quickbar is a neat idea but it looks halfbaked and I'd like features such as folders and separators. It's also sketchy. Sometimes when I click a recent note it doesn't really open it. Sometimes when I open the program I get into "all notes" and there's nothing there, freaking me out totally until I click notes again and I find them listed again (jesus are you trying to kill me??)

I'd especially like a comment on the blank note / spotlight search bug, I've filed a ticket already.

I have the exact same problem. Open a note from spotlight menu on OS X deletes most of the content of the note. I went back and forth with the support person ina couple emails and then they finally got what I was trying to say and reported it to the development team. It truly is a big bug and needs to get fixed!

Archived