(Archived) Viewing Options: Black Background and White Text?

Heya all--

I've got one question that might double as a recommended feature for new versions, and one recommendation.

Question: how can I set my Evernote display settings to have a black background with white text? It's easier on my eyes to have less white space glaring back at me when I write notes.

Recommendation: it sucks to have to set my font size to 18 so it looks right on a high resolution laptop monitor. I'd rather set the font size to 12 and then have a zoom option (control and + or -).

Cheers!

• Level 5*

It helps to specify which Evernote client that you are asking about. I don't know how to do this with either the Windows client or the Android client, and I'm not sure that you can do it with any of the others, either.

Hi Jeff, Yes, it would help, wouldn't it. I am using the windows desktop and ultimately will be using my android phone and windows phone. But, I did find a link last night from a member that creates templates and in that template he is able to change the background color. His name is mayo. And here is a hotlink to his evernote notebook: https://www.evernote.com/pub/mayo-christopher/public/#b=2b3f5418-2ab1-4ee6-8ff4-5cd977fb19ea&n=90d0ce79-788a-4026-818a-72c35ee8088b I found it helpful at least in the short term. I wish I knew how to build my own templates and make my own color choice. I am a brand new user of Evernote so I will figure it out. thanks, Dale

So Phyde, I found a temporary solution. I created a small document in MS Word with the basic text and background color I wanted. Then I copy and pasted it into a new note and saved the note labeling it my notepad template. It seems to be working. you will simply have to copy the note every time you want to create a new note and start from there. BTW: I hate this forum format where I can't do carriage returns.

• Level 5*

So Phyde, I found a temporary solution. I created a small document in MS Word with the basic text and background color I wanted. Then I copy and pasted it into a new note and saved the note labeling it my notepad template. It seems to be working. you will simply have to copy the note every time you want to create a new note and start from there.

Another option, if you like mucking about with HTML: the third-party tool ENML Editor: http://enml-editor.ping13.net/ You can load up a note that you want to use as a template, and edit the HTML directly.

If you are using the Evernote Windows client, then you can use the Copy Note operation to make a copy of your note template (however you created it) to begin a new note.

BTW: I hate this forum format where I can't do carriage returns.

What do you mean that you can't do carriage returns? I use carriage returns in my posts all the time?

Archived