Inserting a row is also inserting colunms I don't want

Eresin

Hi all,

I am using the desktop client of Evernote for Windows. I am currently working within a table but made the table too short so I went to add in another row at the bottom but in doing so it has also added extra columns to that particular row which I do not want.

I have tried to delete the columns by right clicking and choosing to do so but it doesn't do anything.

post-111732-0-64175300-1352797587_thumb.

Hi Eresin, welcome to the forum :)

I don't see the same behaviour when using tables in the latest Windows client.

Some questions that will help anyone that trys to help:

What version of Evernote are you using? Check at Help -> About.

How did you create the table? Simple table or using the extra options.

How are you inserting more rows? Right clicking and choosing insert row, or pressing tab while in the last cell.

Do the extra columns show in other clients e.g. on Evernote Web? This would help identify if it is really adding columns or it is some visual glitch.

What does deleting extra rows/columns do to these extra things? Are they affected by other actions, or just the adding of the row.

Does this happen on just the one note, or multiple notes?

Scott

• 7 months later...

I'm having the same problem.  It appears that the issue if from tables that are copied from other notes, as opposed to tables originating in the same note.  When you add a row, it doubles the number of columns without a way to delete the extra columns. 

• 1 month later...

Same is happening to me.

My table was created originally in Evernote.

Tables are definitely a weakness--only are fully editable in the desktop version, and then there's this issue.

Cannot select rows, copy, paste rows, move rows, etc.

I might have to go to a shared Excel spreadsheet, but then it's not an Evernote! :)

• 7 months later...

I know this is a way old topic, but for those that Googled a fix for having the same problem as the OP (like me), I want to share how I resolved the issue.

I simply went to the last row of the table and tabbed in a new row. After that, any rows I inserted were created and the number of columns didn't change.

I don't know how much of a fix this really is, but I hope this helped anyone having the same issue.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a way old topic, but for those that Googled a fix for having the same problem as the OP (like me), I want to share how I resolved the issue.

I simply went to the last row of the table and tabbed in a new row. After that, any rows I inserted were created and the number of columns didn't change.

I don't know how much of a fix this really is, but I hope this helped anyone having the same issue.

It is ridiculous -- the issue the original poster complained about still exists in the latest Windows version of Evernote (5.4.0.3698 (271698)), and indeed your work-around also still works.

So thanks for your work-around, and thanks Evernote for nothing. This is really disappointing!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived