(Archived) Which Evernote, and Why?

• Level 5*

If you were showing someone Evernote and wanted to recommend one of the clients over another, which one would you say is the best: Windows, Windows RT, Windows Phone, OSX, iOS, Android, Web, Blackberry, or Web OS?

Of course, the backend is the same, and we all get to enjoy the advantages of the Evernote platform, but some clients seem to be better adapted for certain use cases than others.

I would have to say it depends on the platform the person is already familiar with, but I'd stick with the desktop versions. For example, it they're used to Windows I'd recommend the Windows client. If they are partial to Apple then the Mac client is probably the way to go.

I wouldn't try to train anyone on the mobile apps. They're good (iOS is now even better), but I still find them a bit slower to use simply due to the smaller screen and keyboard.

• Level 5*

I agree with TB - Evernote is a major part of my lifestyle, but it's not the only thing I use tech for; I'd recommend to anyone that they choose their preferred hardware first, and pick software and apps later. Plus I think the question you ask is unanswerable by anyone who hasn't had experience of using all the apps in real life situations at an advanced level. There's some good-natured ribbing about Windows vs Mac, and a good deal of 'grass is greener' jealousy about your features being better than mine in some of the posts here, when at the end of the day we all have to live what we have. I'm confident that Evernote will bring all the clients into line, within the limits of the respective operating systems, in the fullness of time. Of course they do talk about a 100 year company - I don't think I have that long...

• Level 5*

I would have to say it depends on the platform the person is already familiar with, but I'd stick with the desktop versions. For example, it they're used to Windows I'd recommend the Windows client. If they are partial to Apple then the Mac client is probably the way to go.

I wouldn't try to train anyone on the mobile apps. They're good (iOS is now even better), but I still find them a bit slower to use simply due to the smaller screen and keyboard.

Good points. The desktop versions will always be more powerful than the mobile ones because of device limitations (assuming, of course, that the Microsoft Pro Surface thingy is not considered a laptop). Yet, the mobile ones do have their moments. iOS gives you highlighting, for example, and the ability to have offline / online notebooks. That is pretty cool :)

• Level 5*

Portable devices too slow, and adversely affected by fat finger syndrome

Mac missing too many features.

Windows Client stable, fast and user-friendly for the win!

So, Windows = stable, fast, user-friendly, and feature-rich?

• Level 5

So, Windows = stable, fast, user-friendly, and feature-rich?

In my opinion, yes.

Especially with the wonderful vertical list view (heh,heh)

I've learned to develop work-arounds to address the missing Due Date field.

Archived