(Archived) A pat on the back for support

I'm using Windows 7 and recently I had a small problem with a message appearing when I started EN telling me there was a local version of EN. It only required a click to confirm or cancel (neither made a difference) but it was annoying. I’m a Premium customer and I submitted a support request. I must commend the service I got from the Evernote technicians who found the culprit was my iolo System Mechanic software deleting the .bak file in the database folder when cleaning up and gave me the link to a Knowledge Base solution on the iolo site which showed me how to specify that the file should be ignored by System Mechanic. The Evernote support people were courteous, patient and prompt so it’s nice to be able to give them a pat on the back.

Thanks very much.

Evernote with my Scansnap S1500 scanner are a great combination for clearing paper.

Hi Tractorman,

I remember your thread, about that issue:

Well done Evernote :)

Thanks for posting the solution and reason for the constant message. Just tested it, and I can make the message appear :)

I'm sure this will help someone else along the way.

(I had wondered what those 0kB bak files were about :P)

Scott

• 1 month later...

I have the problem described in this thread, and I've read the reference to a solution having been posted, but I can't find it from the links in the posts in the thread.

What is the solution to System Mechanic deleting temporary files (how to tell Sys. Mech. to ignore Evernote file)?

Thanks.

tjg13

• Level 5*

I have the problem described in this thread, and I've read the reference to a solution having been posted, but I can't find it from the links in the posts in the thread.

What is the solution to System Mechanic deleting temporary files (how to tell Sys. Mech. to ignore Evernote file)?

Thanks.

tjg13

Google suggests this http://iolo.parature.com/link/portal/16098/16125/Article/735/How-to-exclude-items-from-the-System-Mechanic-Junk-File-Removal-tool

Archived