(Archived) Most functional App sabotaged by new update

Over the last year I have used Evernote constantly because it is (was) so functional and easy to use. The new update looks great but it is much less functional. Bouncing between notebooks and tags takes longer and the new interface is a hassle.

If you must update EN, please consider "prettying up" the old EN layout and abandoning the latest update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, not sure if the TS talks about evernote the iPad version update.

Anuway, if it is not I will create a topuc about that.

The previous version I could more easely look arround and add documents. I was really pleased with that.

In the new version I hate it, yes, I am sorry but this is terrible. The same silly thing that apple does wit iBooks an iCal. Graphic is more important then funcionality! Wrong wrong and wrong.

I have used the latest evernote version for some time everyday now. But I otice that if I will add a document I will mail it to myself and then do the actions at my desktop.

Several things is gone, like moving a book inside a book. I do realy need that. What about the icons on the left. Why are they there, some at the lower half and other at the upper half. Buttons on each side?!?! it looks like that you did update to show that you update, it didn't make anything better, it was just a graphic change with limmiting functionality. For haevens sake, why are those bars there, waste of space and workings. It draws often only half or in black and are often not selectable.

So my main question when are you going back at the design table? And how can I get the older version back. I really have regrets that i did update.

Any way, I am pleassed to have the desktop version.

• Level 5

In my opinion, it seems that Evernote is under pressure to release upgrades before they are ready.

Their 100 year plan is getting a bit shaky.

Due the recent flurry of questionable upgrades, I am now holding off on accepting Evernote upgrades for 2 weeks.

I screen-capture the upgrade notice into Evernote and move the Created Date out by 2 weeks as a reminder.

During the 2 week wait, I watch this forum to see if there are any significant problems.

Archived