(Archived) Python script to import Chrome and Google Bookmarks into Evernote

• 4 months later...

[Reposted from github so that the thoughtful, helpful reply from hitokiri82 gets back to here. Thank you!]

Hi. Do you remember the Python script you posted in the Evernote forum last November 2012, to import Google Bookmarks and Google Chrome bookmarks into Evernote as individual notes? Thank you!

I have only a passing familiarity with Python. I have installed it. Two things, please, if you are willing. I don't know where to specify "bs4" to import Beautiful Soup. I will, of course, search and try to answer that on my own. The other thing is your suggestion to add creation date information to the enex files. I would think that would be very useful, and I wonder if it is something you could easily specify.

Thanks for your time, and your productivity contribution.

--David

[ Reposting the answer :) ]

Hello David. 

Sorry I took so long to reply. Have you managed to install BeautifulSoup correctly? 

The easiest way to install bs4 is by using pip (it is a tool for adding packages to python). The trouble is.. you have to install pip first. The way to install pip depends on your platform, but a quick google search on how to install should solve it for you. (ie. for windows, this answer on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow...-pip-on-windows)

After that you just do pip install beautifulsoup4 

The way to test if you have installed it correctly is by opening up a Python interactive console and doing: "import bs4" if that doesnt report eny errors then you have succeeded, after that the script should work. 

Greetings. 

Archived