• 2 weeks later...

@tom.martens Great idea, its good to be able to create job lists with linked notes describing the task in greater detail (a sort of index). Its particularly useful when sharing ideas with a team. Its also good for linking from other apps like iThoughtsHD. I didn't realise that we can already copy a previously created link (from Windows) to another note within the iPad, just hold and select copy. After pasting into another note on the iPad the very long link can be edited down to a single word as required.

Hi all,

the use case described by Mike Wood is definitely the use case why I need this feature :-)

I'm working with some project teams on some projects, I want to use Evernote in addition to some other (more clumsy) project management tools.

The idea: Every project is represented by its own "notebook - p1". The first note is called "@to dos - p1". During a meeting (another note) a new task "t1 - p1" is defined. Maybe or maybe not this task will be described in a third note. Within the note "@to dos - p1" a new task "t1 - p1" will be created and linked with the notes. I'm aware of the possibility to copy existing links from one note to another note, but unfortunately I don't have the time to create these links, during a meeting I'm using my iPad and create tasks :-)

This notebook will be shared with the project team.

Another use case. Due to my traveling the iPad is replacing my laptop bit by bit. During this traveling I create notes that reflect my thinking. I have some notebooks "thought area 1" and "thought area 2". Sometimes a note from ta1 is related to a topic (a note) in ta2 and I just want to link these notes. These notebooks are normally not shared with anybody :-) But of course I want to use a note from one of this notebooks as source for a link in one of the above mentioned project notebooks.

Tom

@tom.martens You can create a new link with some work! using the Puffin browser App which is compatible with the EN Web client...

If you open a note in the browser you will note its address has a string on the end, copy this.

webaddress.png

Then add this twice to a web link in the following form...

evernote:///view/????????/????/1st copy here/2nd copy here

where the ?????? are replaced by the same numbers present in all your linked notes links.

Mike,

I'm sorry but can you pleasevdescribe how i can open a note in a browser without an existing link. Maybe this a very silly question, but maybe you can provide a screenshot from within the evernote app. i'm using evernote 5 / ipad 3 / ios6.0.1

thanx in advance

tom

@tom.martens What I've described above (rather poorly maybe) can be done on the iPad Puffin browser app. To see the string of letters and numbers for an individual note simply select a snippet in the EN browser client (www.evernote.com and login). Once you select a note you will need to go to the address bar and scroll to the end to see the string I'm referring to.

• 1 year later...

I just registered on this site and have not yet got the hang of navigating it. Not sure if this is where I should be posting.

Im teaching a course and I use evernote to present lessons to my class. In the middle of a text I want to create a link to another note that expands on the lesson. I have managed to get that far, to highlight part of the text and click on it to take me to the link. 

What I'd like to do next would be to then go right back into the original note and carry on reading from there. The problem is that once I'm out of the linked note, I have to reopen the note we were reading and scroll down to where we were. Thats awkward. Is there any way to be able to get back to where we left off, or to have the linked note as a pop up that you can turn off when finished?

Thanks

Greg

Archived