(Archived) Invalid Host Name on Windows Mobile 3.0.0.121

Hey there,

When I try and log in with the new client, I am receiving an invalid host name error during authentication. The exact error is:

Error occured while interacting with Evernote service: The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match.

Anyone know how this can be resolved?

Hey there,

I know why I bought an iphone now :-) when I try to login to the given web page, nothing actually happens. I click the sign in button, the explorer bar moves for a second, and then nothing changes.

So most likely the pda is not parsing the instructions properly. I will keep looking into this.

This isn't a standardized operation across all WM devices, unfortunately, but many devices have a specific way to do it. You may need to search around a bit using your model and words like "certificate" and "import"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed the certificate posted above to my iPaq and it showed a message saying that the certificate was installed successfully.

But I still get the same error message:

Error occurred while interacting with Evernote Service:

The host name in the certificate is invalid or does not match

Error: 0x0010006.

Any idea how to fix?

Thanks,

Mine isn't actually a mobile phone. Its a iPaq210, a PDA without phone.

I connect to the network via Wifi connection to my LAN.

I can access the URL on my IE just fine.

thank you for your help.

I really want this working since I depend on evernote so much.

Goro

Does your LAN have any firewall or proxy to the Internet? We've seen a few cases where network administrators need to explicitly permit our traffic to go out of their corporate networks.

We plan to have a Windows Mobile bugfix release that addresses a few network problems that people have reported. this may also help your problem.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem using both mobile network or wifi network. I actually wiped my phone and the connection worked for 1 night and then I got the same error again. I also have the same problem with Google Latitude.

• 1 month later...

Archived