(Archived) Creating a local notebook as default one.

Hi

I personally hate the fact that the default notebooks should be syncronized. What happens is that all my new notes ends up in this online one and I need to do clean up and be careful what is in default one and what is not. I have personal information that I would hesitate to send to server accidentally. I can see the basic logic behind since EN wants users to put data on the server. But how about rest of us who would only put data on the server selectively? Is there a way to have a local notebook as a default one?

thanks

Clipped notes will go into the notebook that you currently have selected, so if you want to clip into a Local notebook on your Windows client, you can launch the main app and select the desired destination notebook.

Otherwise, disable automatic synchronization and just move the notes out of the default notebook before you (manually) sync.

Otherwise, disable automatic synchronization and just move the notes out of the default notebook before you (manually) sync.

This is exactly what I do and it works really well for me. I manually sync after I have moved my personal notes into the local notebook. That way I don't have to worry about accidentally posting something I didn't want posted. Of course, you have to remember to sync yourself, but that is not an issue for me as I mostly use Evernote on my PC at home.

Guys,

You understand though right, everytime you create a new note outside of EN, it will create in default notebook which then I need to open EN and make sure that it is not in that default sync folder. To me this creates too many steps to achieve what is needed. I just would like to have one offline default notebook. And if I need to put something into syncronized folder I would do. I personally spend quite time on moving things around to make sure that things are in theright folders. This should be adressed in the coming versions in my opinion.

Archived