(Archived) Can't Sync

dkjos

We're actively working on resolving some of the syncing issues in the Evernote Windows 8 app and will have those changes out to you all soon! In the meantime, please try the following steps to work around the issues.

- Sign out (Charm Bar -> Settings -> Account Info -> Log out), sign back in, and initiate a sync.

- Terminate the app, open it again, and initiate a sync. You can terminate the app with Alt + F4 or by dragging the app from the top of your screen to the bottom. This is different from navigating away from the app (with the Windows key or the left edge of the screen) in that the app reinitializes, and different from uninstalling and reinstalling in that the sync won't have to start over.

Thanks, that unfroze the sync, but now my sync crashes at about 70% sync point. It happens Every time--cannot get past that. Tried rebootting and tried repeating all suggestions above. Using the metro version on Surface RT with pleny of memory. Updated the app this morning--so have latest. Can you help?

I am having same problems. Thanks for the sign out and back in and Alt F4 which I am trying.

So far I seem to be getting the same issue reported here of the sync starting to work but freezing after a certain point, in my case 50% each time.

If it is any consolation I am getting a lot of similar connectivity to the Internet issues in other Windows 8 apps from the App store.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not noticed until i needed it today, but unfortunately, my notes have never synced. i have my christmas list stored on the windows 8 app, and now i cannot access it because the app refuses to start. it splashes the evernote logo against the green backdrop and then the entire start screen and the app crash and the start screen reboots. help?

thanks for the help everyone!!! wait, hello? anyone there? well, why you were busy I discovered the problem was from a recently installed antivirus program that essentially breaks the new windows 8 start screen. uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem. Bueller?

• Level 5*

This is a user forum, and you are not guaranteed to get any solutions or even responses here, from other users or Evernote staff. You may not be getting responses from other users because, well, there probably aren't a whole lot of other Windows 8 users out there. If you need a reply from Evernote, you should open a tech support request.

• Level 5

thanks for the help everyone!!! wait, hello? anyone there? well, why you were busy I discovered the problem was from a recently installed antivirus program that essentially breaks the new windows 8 start screen. uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem. Bueller?

Doesn't help too many users when you don't identify the antivirus program that caused the problem.

Have you gone to help then technical support, and opened a support ticket? That is where you are supposed to report actual problems, as far as I know. I think that is your best bet, and if somebody on this forum helps you, so much the better.

Sooooo... Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8. Noticed that none of my local notes (only cloud notes) show up in the Metro version of the app. All of my stuff is still there in the desktop version. I keep receipts and other sensitive information in local files only for obvious security reasons. I'll be happy to test any beta versions you have, because it's not working correctly the way it is!

Sooooo... Just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8. Noticed that none of my local notes (only cloud notes) show up in the Metro version of the app. All of my stuff is still there in the desktop version. I keep receipts and other sensitive information in local files only for obvious security reasons. I'll be happy to test any beta versions you have, because it's not working correctly the way it is!

The two apps are separate and independent. The Windows 8 store app is sandboxed, meaning it can't access most of the file system, including the local files from the Desktop app

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've recently moved from an iPad to a Microsoft Surface running Windows RT. I've seen various discussions regarding sync problems on the RT version of Evernote. However, I wonder if anyone is seeing problems with the latest version -- Evernote for RT Version 1.0.2.11 (from Windows Store)?

I have Evernote installed on both my PC (Windows 7) and my Surface. While the Windows 7 installation seems to be syncing fine -- e.g. my notes are all viewable using either the web-based interface or the desktop application -- none of these notes are visible on Surface (using same account). Furthermore, notes I create on Surface are not visible in web-based interface nor on Windows 7 PC. I've tried manually syncing at both ends as well as leaving the machine for a 30 minutes or so to see if it can automatically sync.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

George B.

How do we get support for the Windows Store version of the app? I've tried emailing support am getting nowhere but am more frustrated than when I began. Every time I contact them, they tell me how to go to the control panel in Windows XP and step me through uninstalling the application, then guide me through reinstalling it via the Evernote website. In each and every correspondence I tell them I am using Windows 8, the windows store version but it's not getting through. . . has anybody had success with Evernote Support re: the Windows 8 app?

Hi Cauzion, I don't seem to be able to sync either way. If I create a note on Surface, it isn't visible on any other devices, and if I create a note in Web-browser it isn't visible on Surface. When I get chance, I'll copy out my notes that are only on Surface and then try to reinstall the app. George.

Thank you much dlu. I understand that software has bugs and no-thing/no-body is perfect, but it's still frustrating to get entirely irrelevant information--especially when it's more than once in the same conversation!

oh man, this is frustrating. I have just received a forth set of instructions specific to the windows desktop application after very specifically stating in each previous correspondence that I was NOT using that application. I am about to throw the baby out with the bathwater and just switch to OneNote. It's one thing for things to not work, but for support to be 100% clueless despite my repeated clarification. . .

I'm very sorry you're experiencing this - Our team has definitely been trained on Windows 8 and should not be sending you the incorrect instructions. Can you please let me know what your ticket number is so I can be sure that the agent(s) responsible are retrained?

Hi Cauzion, I don't seem to be able to sync either way. If I create a note on Surface, it isn't visible on any other devices, and if I create a note in Web-browser it isn't visible on Surface. When I get chance, I'll copy out my notes that are only on Surface and then try to reinstall the app. George.

Checking the log suggested that it was an authentication problem: there was an error message about a missing password. I tried signing out from my account -- in Settings / Accounts -- and then logged back in. Having done this, sync functionality has been restored. Perhaps my saved credentials were invalidated when my app was upgraded, or perhaps they expired for some other reason. I'll post here if I deduce anything further, or see other sync-related problems.

Checking the log suggested that it was an authentication problem: there was an error message about a missing password. I tried signing out from my account -- in Settings / Accounts -- and then logged back in. Having done this, sync functionality has been restored. Perhaps my saved credentials were invalidated when my app was upgraded, or perhaps they expired for some other reason. I'll post here if I deduce anything further, or see other sync-related problems.

Thanks for that info (and for PMing the logs). I'll try to see if there's anything we can find on our end

Archived