Default note font

I love being able to set the default font for notes. I do see in EN beta 5 that the font for note titles in gone. But I do like the Helvetica Light 14 selection. I've been trying to set my note default font to match, but it only lets me select the "regular" font and not the "light" font. Any ideas for how to select a non-default typeface for my note font default? Thanks!

I should clarify that I can pick the "Light" font, and it shows in the list, but the font in the notes itself actually doesn't change. It remains regular. I even tried to create a new note and it still shows the regular font. Thanks!

• Level 5*

I love being able to set the default font for notes. I do see in EN beta 5 that the font for note titles in gone. But I do like the Helvetica Light 14 selection. I've been trying to set my note default font to match, but it only lets me select the "regular" font and not the "light" font. Any ideas for how to select a non-default typeface for my note font default? Thanks!

I miss the fonts as well. I have been focusing on other stuff in the app, and just assumed my settings were off (I cleared it from my computer before installing). It turns out we've lost the titles and snippet view fonts. Personally, I think the titles don't look great on my MBA. The font doesn't show up well, and the narrow letters like "i" and "l" are difficult to read. It is something of an eyesore, but more importantly, I hate losing control over my interface!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 to this feature request. I'd like to set Helvetica Neue Light as my note font.

Even if EverNote decides not to support this feature request, this should be fixed as a bug. You can set Helvetica Neue Light as the default note font in preferences, but it actually reverts to regular Helvetica Neue in the note view.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

+1 from me too.

It's surprising that such a text-heavy service would restrict itself to default web fonts AND allow users to choose their own.

Why don't they just pick one of the modern, ultra readable fonts and be done with it? Let users set the size, weight, italics, etc, but leave it at that. Part of why it took me so long to get comfortable with Evernote is because it has so many features.

• 4 weeks later...

You still can't use Helvetica Neue Light with Evernote, but I just tried using Lato which is a reasonably good looking alternative and it works nicely!

Check it out. http://www.latofonts.com/lato-free-fonts/

http://cl.ly/image/1f1F2n1m3F2I

I tried this last month but was only able to use Lato Regular. I wanted to use Lato Light, and today I found a solution that worked for me.

I went into Font Book and disabled all of the weights of Lato I didn't want to use. I only left Lato Light and Semibold active. Worked like a charm. My notes are finally nice to look at :)

FYI In Font Book, all you have to do is right-click on a font to see the option to disable it.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived