Feature requests

Jennsih

First of all! A better way to handle feature requests. It takes forever to scroll the forum for if somebody has already written about the same things as I'm about to, which leads to a lot of duplicate posts? Is there another way I don't know about? The search box doesn't search only within the forum I want to look for similar posts so that doesn't help. With an easier system to scan if the issue has been reported AND with like buttons it's possible to see how many have the same issues as others already reported about and what to prioritize? Perhaps :)

About the application itself:

Love it! Often find new ways to use it :) But there are some problems for me - and some feature requests to:

1. I've discovered something strange with my images in notes. They are there but invisible. I can see the miniature notes showing that there's an image but the note itself is empty.
  2. When I've forwarded e-mails to Evernote and afterwards deleted the email, it seems the content in the note evaporates as well :(
  3. I wish there was a way to edit tables since they are very unsexy to work with as it is right now ;)
  4. Could there be a way to find all notes that are tag-less? Sometimes I forget to tag important notes and I have a lot of notes to search through.
  5. create a new note in a new window - this would come in handy when user doesn't want to mess up the current view. But add a new note.
  6. if I perform a search to make sure I haven't already created a note for f.ex a book and do not find a result, suggest "create a new note" where search term becomes heading as a second option to "Show all notes"?
  7. click on tag in note and find all notes with that tag

• Level 5*

#7: in the Windows note editor, with the Note info opened such that the note's tags are shown (press F8 until the tags appear), do a Shift+Left Click on the tag you're interested in. That will add it to the current search.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all! A better way to handle feature requests. It takes forever to scroll the forum for if somebody has already written about the same things as I'm about to, which leads to a lot of duplicate posts? Is there another way I don't know about? The search box doesn't search only within the forum I want to look for similar posts so that doesn't help.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/30871-doing-a-search-simply/

• 2 years later...

Have the Window title change into the title of the note you are working on.

Example: I work on a note called 'Week 52' but the Evernote window (in windows) is called 'All notebooks - <username> - Evernote' instead.

I believe this is not compliant with the MS Windows standard and it should be fixed.

• Level 5*

Have the Window title change into the title of the note you are working on.

Example: I work on a note called 'Week 52' but the Evernote window (in windows) is called 'All notebooks - <username> - Evernote' instead.

I believe this is not compliant with the MS Windows standard and it should be fixed.

You get that if you open a note as a separate window. The Window title reflects the notebook or stack that you are working in, or All Notebooks  if you are filtering across a single notebook or stack.

Archived