(Archived) VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU GUYS

2 weeks ago I did the update to their latest version and i lost most of my latest local notes

Contacted EN support and was told to look for my local notes on a couple of directories - found nothing

Then they told me "We want to let you know that we are looking into this issue, we will contact you back as soon as possible."

After a couple of days i contacted them again to know what was happening and what were they doing to solve the problem

the answer:

" We have been attempting throughout your case to point you toward the locations on your computer where they could be, by rolling back your software to previous versions of the software that should allow them to display on their own, or by giving you the directories directly where they would be, but as you've said you were unable to locate them, there's nothing more we are able to do."

So is this it???

I am a paying customer and because of a faulty update - that EN has to be held responsible - i loose moths of valuable data

and EN just tells me : Sorry there´s nothing we can do!!!!

Brilliant!

If you have local notebooks, you need to be doing your own backups more often than every five months (or longer). You never know when your computer could be lost or stolen or your hard drive crash. IDK how an upgrade could have deleted your file b/c they never delete database files. If it finds an existing one, the upgrades inform you of this & ask what you what to do. However, this wouldn't be a problem if you had a recent backup.

You do an upgrade and then you realize you lost some of your most recent local notes ...

This shouldn´t happen at all. And i´ve seen a lot of people complaining about the same issue

So it´s not a matter of making backups more often ( which i know ) but making their updates free of bugs !

Also EN could warn users to make a backup before any update

• Level 5

You do an upgrade and then you realize you lost some of your most recent local notes ...

This shouldn´t happen at all. And i´ve seen a lot of people complaining about the same issue

Hm. Upgrades do NOT delete .exb files. Something else must have gone wrong.

I suppose you already looked into the Trash and checked the Web version if your notes are there?

You can find some more info in this thread.

This shouldn�t happen at all. And i�ve seen a lot of people complaining about the same issue

So it�s not a matter of making backups more often ( which i know ) but making their updates free of bugs !

Also EN could warn users to make a backup before any update

No, upgrades shouldn't delete files. And as I said & Wern said, upgrades do not delete database files. I'm sorry you lost your data. But again, if you had a backup, this wouldn't be an issue. Anytime you have critical data, you need to be backing it up.

Updates might not delete but i cannot find those notes anywhere so for all it matters it´s like they were delete because neither me or Evernote seems to know where they are located !

and yes i´ve spent hours looking everywhere on my mac ...

I mean why do EN does not test their updates properly and make sure situation like this do not happen

I´m paying every month for this software, I´m not supposed to spend days looking for missing files just because their update did not migrate them propoerly as it should ...

Not happy

• Level 5

There is a chance that your notes are still there. As you said, they may not be deleted but they may be hidden in an arcane folder for whatever reason. You may be lucky if you revert to the previous version.

Archived