(Archived) Emailing PDF's from iphone

I love the fact that you can save documents as pdf's and load them into Evernote. However, whenever I email the pdf to someone, it prompts you sign up or sign in to an Evernote account. I like this feature for emailing invoices to clients, but I don't want them to have to have an Evernote to view the document. Am I missing something? See below: this is what is in the email message when pdf is emailed...

invoice.pdf

by layand

http://www.evernote.com | Remember everything. | Sign up for free

The PDF should be attached to the email that they receive ... can you try again, but look to see whether there is an attachment on the email? (The recipient does not need to sign up for an account, in any case.)

I emailed it again once with the PDF open and once with it not. The email does not have an attachment. Just the message I copied in pasted in my last post. Do you have an email address that I can send you a PDF doc so that you can see from the email view how it is delivered?

Thank You

I've reproduced the problem. The PDF is included in the email (you'll notice the size of the message is large), but it's not being displayed in the mail client. We'll take a look at the mail formatting to see what's wrong.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I believe this was fixed in the last service update. I just tested it by mailing a PDF to myself, and the PDF file shows up as an email attachment in my mail client when I receive it.

If you're still having problems with new mail that you send, let us know what mail client you're using to view the received mail.

I just sent myself a note with a PDF and checked the results in Gmail. The result doesn't format real beautifully in Gmail (we plan to address that), but the PDF file is shown as an attachment to the resulting email.

If you send yourself a note that contains a PDF, do you not see any attachments at the bottom of the email?

post-8171-131906062861_thumb.png

I am using gmail and have the same problem, but some pdfs work and others don't. All of the emails say they have attachments, but with some of them, there is no link to the attachment at the bottom of the email. I've also found that you can't access Evernote attachments from iphone's native email client, but you can from gmail's web client.

If this works for you on some PDFs and not others, do you see any sort of pattern? In particular, does this work with newer PDFs, but not old ones that you put into our app a long time ago, perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year! Has there been any solution to this issue? I have retryed several times and I am not getting the attachment at the bottem of the message when I email a pdf file from evernote. I am also having and issue with my notes syncing from the computer my iphone. Notes that I take on my iphone sync to the computer without a problem. When I try to sync notes from my computer to my iphone, I continue to get a Synchronzation Failed error message.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with not being able to access PDF files emailed from the iPhone to a PC. When the message arrives, there is no attachment or link to an attachment. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has found a way around this.

Just as a follow-up to my previous post, I just now emailed a note containing a PDF from my iPhone to my both my .edu address, for which I use Outlook, and to my GMail account. Neither incoming message had the PDF attachment when I checked those accounts on my iPhone. The message sent to the .edu address did not have the attachment when I checked it in my local Outlook, but it was there when I checked via Outlook webmail. The attachment was also there when I checked the GMail account via my PC browser, as opposed to on the iPhone. I mention this because maybe someone else is having the same issues. It seems the issue may be on the iPhone/Outlook side of things, not with Evernote.

• 1 month later...

So I have been using Evernote for a while now and recently started exporting some of my PDF's into Evernote. However, I am not able to e-mail my PDF's. The big one is my resume that I attempted to e-mail to several hopeful employers. However, they e-mailed me back saying that they never got my resume, just a blank e-mail advertising something called Evernote. Feeling very embarrassed but confused, I e-mailed myself at two locations to see what I got. Both times, I receive the error below in the picture, well not as much an error but more of a blank page with a dot. Someone, please please help me fix this.

post-13441-131906062921_thumb.png

The PDF is attached to your email as an attachment, but we don't have any way to render it within the body of a standard email message. We do plan to improve the formatting of our email template, however, to make it display better on various clients.

So I did some more testing and found out that when I send it from the Evernote client on my desktop, the PDF shows up as a clickable and downloadable item in the email. However, when I send the same document to the same e-mail from my phone, the above screen shot happens. There is no way to extract the attachment from this email. The part that says mim is just technical details of the e-mail. When you click on it, it says the the attachment is there, but there is no way to extract this. Not being able to open the documents pretty much eliminates syncing documents to go which is the main reason I was going to upgrade to premium. Someone please help me!

Archived