Resource type for PowerPoint files? Also, emulating *.doc, etc.?

roschler

Hello all,

Does anyone know if there is a resource type for Microsoft PowerPoint files (PPT)? Something equivalent to the one for Excel files and a few others?:

Example resource type for Microsoft Excel files: resource:application/vnd.ms-excel

Also, is there a way around the Evernote limitation on wildcards? Currently the wildcard character aka the asterisk (*) only works as a match-all operator for the characters that precede it, for example "abc*", making search filters such as *.DOC for file-names impossible. Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks,

Robert

• Level 5*

As a start, I searched the registry for "ppt", and found a string entry named "Content Type: whose value was "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint". Looked like a likely suspect, so I tried it in Evernote (resource:application/vnd.ms-powerpoint), and it turned up a PowerPoint attachment. I'd give that one a start.

Don't know of an wildcarding workarounds such as you are asking for,

• Level 5*

I did look at that mime list, noted that the PowerPoint entry isn't the same as the one I turned up, and didn't find the lone PowerPoint attachment that I have in my notes. Wish I understood this stuff a little bit better, I should really dig into this.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

I am curious - how do you use this format to be able to isolate/remove non-text items? If I clip a web page on the Windows version I can change it to plain text by using CTRL-spacebar. However, until I do that I am unable to edit the note on the Android (KIndle Fire) or Windows Phone versions. Most of my notes that are not text are pdfs - easy to exclude those with -resource/application/pdf, but finding just text items has eluded me. Any guidance (even if "not possible") much appreciated!

Archived