(Archived) Scansnap - how to scan to evernote

Hi,

I did some research, but I didn´t find an answer. There seems to be no special scansnap forum.

When I scan let´s say 10 papers, the scansnap often pulls in 2 papers at once. Sure I can scan that left paper at the end, but then the order of the scanned papers is wrong.

How do you manage that? If I scan to OCR-PDFs with the scansnap software (what is recommende in this forum), then I cannot change the order of the scanned papers afterwards.

Any idea? Thanks!

• Level 5*

I discovered a while ago that the quicker way to scan is to scan to PDF without OCR, then batch process the folder before moving the files to an Import folder on my desktop. Having the bare scanned file also allows me to do some minor editing - cropping pages, deleting the occasional 'blank page with a mark on it' (ScanSnap is meant to ignore blank pages but sometimes folds and bled-through ink confuse it), and adding back or re-scanning odd pages. I find that sometimes if I want to scan large and small items together, it doesn't go so well. Answer: scan separately and stitch files together.

Check the PDF software that should have been packaged with your scanner. You can export and insert pages as well as rotating, cropping, deleting etc. If you have a page/ pages out of order, just export those pages to separate files and delete from your main file. Then import back to the correct location. In my Acrobat 9 you can choose beginning or end of file, and before and after page n, so it should cover all your needs.

I use TurboScan with my iPhone 5. It might be a bit time-consuming for lengthy documents, but for just a few pages it is GREAT. Good quality, color or B&W, lets me adjust the density and edges, allows me to name the file, and email the PDF right to my Evernote account.

Thanks gazumped!

I did as you said. I scanned some separate stacks and the put it alltogether with the "preview"-Software from apple. But as I did it that way I think no OCR was done. How can I OCR the pdf-file afterwards?

Together with my scansnap it was delivered only one file. That seems to contain the abby fine reader software, but I cannot start it by itself. ?!

• Level 5*

Unless you did something specific to switch the OCR off, then it was probably done anyway - the only way I know to check is to see whether you can use 'find' within the PDF reader software to jump to a keyword. Not familiar with how abby works in Mac OS, but various other packages can OCR a PDF file if need be - Google look around for more details. If all else fails and your PDFs are less than 25 pages, Evernote will OCR it for you when you move it to a note!

Archived