(Archived) Please for the love of God, add direct link and autocopy to the evernote server

Farotech

I was the biggest Skitch User in the world. Easily using it 500+ times a day. THEN Skitch was bought by evernote and the ***** hit the fan.

My biggest gripe I have is that they kicked you off the skitch server and force you to use the Evernote server. But the evernote server doesn't have Direct Link or Auto-Copy. So what I used to be able to do in 1 click I now need 4 clicks to do.

The direct link worked seemlessly with basecamp and other project management software.

DEMO: https://www.evernote...-150837.jpg.jpg

Now you have to:

Share:.... wait.... then go to skitch and RE-PRESS The copy button. Then paste it to a brower THEN you have re-click on the image.

so what was done in one click now takes 4. I have no idea who your usability director is but he should be working at Wendy's.

Am SO (read "SOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!") with you here Farotech.

Please concur on my similar post here and i'll also track yours here.

And do let me know if you find ANYwhere where this company is aknowledging the massive F**Kup this represents!

-DG

Farotech,

Consider yourself "evangelized", e.g. you've received the typical snarky reply from one of the Evernote "evangelists" because you need something.

BurgersNFries,

Please, if you have nothing constructive to add to a member's request, no matter how it's worded, kindly refrain from trying to stomp all over one of their only means of expressing their frustration and/or desire to have Evernote improved in ways you might not have imagined. It really makes searching the message boards at Evernote very frustrating. I'm *not* exaggerating.

Farotech,

Consider yourself "evangelized", e.g. you've received the typical snarky reply from one of the Evernote "evangelists" because you need something.

BurgersNFries,

Please, if you have nothing constructive to add to a member's request, no matter how it's worded, kindly refrain from trying to stomp all over one of their only means of expressing their frustration and/or desire to have Evernote improved in ways you might not have imagined. It really makes searching the message boards at Evernote very frustrating. I'm *not* exaggerating.

Just as you are free to express your opinion, so am I. My post is very tame & actually innocuous. Especially considering the OP is posting he uses Skitch 500+ times each day & considering the tone of his post. And I made no comments regarding whether the OP's complaint/request was valid or not.

Good try Allen.

Thanks for a smart and compassionate championing of Farotech's (like 1000's of others) justifyable frustration and kudos on not taking her bait.

Your point was clear (had she been inclined to consider it) and fair (if had been inclined to take it).

More we can't do.

-David

PS: Interesting postscript: after a long chat with live support i got it in writing that: "yes, we know there's a serious problem here and are tracking the critical feedback [on how we messed up Skitch]" and/but interestingly (troublingly?) also: "no, we have not formally communicated to our customers [eg via company blog, or etc.] an ABP owning the *****-up, appologizing officially, and sharing our expedited path of rectifying".

*sigh*

I sometimes share 50 images in a short amount of time for a blog and completely agree with the original comment that the setup is inefficient. I just need the image URL, and I should be able to get it in one click.

Archived