(Archived) Lost data - please help

jlsu

I make notes on my phone and rarely sign into Evernote on my computer, but when I signed inti it on my PC today my iformation sync'd. All the updates I'd made on my phone were lost. Is there anyway I can retrieve that information?

I've seen other threads that report the same kind of problem, but the people are being blown off. Have you reported this by going to Help Technical Support, and open a Get Technical Support on lower right of the web page, then open a ticket. Everybody needs to officially report this problem.

Also, maybe if your phone is backing up files (are you Android, or?) there was a copy of the info on the phone, and if you are a Premium user, there is a botton on the notes to get an old copy (try looking in the trash can, also). Just guessing.

Anyway, please report the problem, and can anybody help this person??

I've seen other threads that report the same kind of problem, but the people are being blown off. Have you reported this by going to Help Technical Support, and open a Get Technical Support on lower right of the web page, then open a ticket. Everybody needs to officially report this problem.

Also, maybe if your phone is backing up files (are you Android, or?) there was a copy of the info on the phone, and if you are a Premium user, there is a botton on the notes to get an old copy (try looking in the trash can, also). Just guessing.

Anyway, please report the problem, and can anybody help this person??

First, users are not being "blown off" (well, unless their problem question was recently answered in another thread - please use the search function.). Sadly, if the planets align correctly, there may be no reply b/c those in the know are either fed up with repeated questions on the same topic, busy with life or on vacation. Unless one is designated as an EMPLOYEE of Evernote, we're volunteering our time to help others.

Second, users often don't undstand the EN sync process. Again, this has been discussed in many threads. IMO, OP's problem could well be a result of that.

Third, there is note history. Also discussed a lot already.

Fourth, there's opening a support ticket.

Were the updates made on the Anroid, changes to notes that were created on the PC, previously?

Or were they new notes created on the Android? If they were new notes, and they did sync on the android, and you are a Premium user, they might be in the note history.

Well, I've been using the Windows client for years, and so far, I've been ok. Bear in mind that there are millions of users, and we only see the complaints. I've seen videos of people loading to Evernote as each bill comes in, and shredding the bill on the spot. I don't. One big thing that I like about Evernote is that it keeps the info on my PC, and in the cloud, or I would have never used it.

I do run idrive every day to back up my files including the Evernote database, and idrive keeps 30 iterations. Another trick is to copy over the database to a unique name, and idrive never automatically deletes anything, so you can be good way back. www.idrive.com/p=idr101 (Never had to restore Evernote from it, though - fingers crossed - Premium Evernote users are supposed to get notes backed up about every 8 hours, and are supposed to be able to go back to old versions. Think I did once.)

P.S. My cell crashed one time, and I lost all texts. I know a contractor that lost his cell, and had to wait for people to call him before he could contact anybody. It's a jungle! Evernote looked like a good choice. Every PDF that I scan in is still stored on my PC, is searchable, and is backed up with idrive.

• Level 5*

Well, I've been using the Windows client for years, and so far, I've been ok. Bear in mind that there are millions of users, and we only see the complaints. I've seen videos of people loading to Evernote as each bill comes in, and shredding the bill on the spot. I don't. One big thing that I like about Evernote is that it keeps the info on my PC, and in the cloud, or I would have never used it.

I do run idrive every day to back up my files including the Evernote database, and idrive keeps 30 iterations. Another trick is to copy over the database to a unique name, and idrive never automatically deletes anything, so you can be good way back. www.idrive.com/p=idr101 (Never had to restore Evernote from it, though - fingers crossed - Premium Evernote users are supposed to get notes backed up about every 8 hours, and are supposed to be able to go back to old versions. Think I did once.)

P.S. My cell crashed one time, and I lost all texts. I know a contractor that lost his cell, and had to wait for people to call him before he could contact anybody. It's a jungle! Evernote looked like a good choice. Every PDF that I scan in is still stored on my PC, is searchable, and is backed up with idrive.

This is great advice. Backing up regularly yourself is the best way to ensure the integrity of your data, and having versions of it all will help if you ever have trouble. This doesn't have anything to do with Evernote's reliability. It is just good practice in a digital age.

Archived