Inserting Printout Files

apmot

I'm in college and I used OneNote all of last year and one thing I really liked about it was that I could "print" out my powerpoint slides and insert them to my note. Then I could set it as the background and type notes directly on top of it.

I am trying to switch to Evernote, but I am not able to find out if it has a similar feature. When I attach my document in Evernote, it only shows up as something I can scroll through but not integrate with my notes. Please help!

Hi apmot. While you can't insert straight from the file into your notes, something that I will often do for my own classes is just copy and paste the text from the pdf of the powerpoint. That way I'll have everything from the slides and can fill in my own notes as we go along. Have you tried doing that?

Well I could do that, but there are a lot of figures and stuff, especially in biology powerpoints. It also depends on how my professor uses them, for example, this biology professor formats his powerpoints in a way that there is no outline option. I hope you see my dilemma.

May I assume you are switching to Evernote for its versatility and permanence? There is no reason not to use both programs, especially since it is so easy to automate saving work to Evernote. Continue using OneNote for its compatibility with MS Office, and store your files in a folder marked for automatic archiving through Evernote. You'll have all the benefits of both programs.

May I assume you are switching to Evernote for its versatility and permanence? There is no reason not to use both programs, especially since it is so easy to automate saving work to Evernote. Continue using OneNote for its compatibility with MS Office, and store your files in a folder marked for automatic archiving through Evernote. You'll have all the benefits of both programs.

I have always maintained that while there is some overlap, EN & Onenote aren't really interchangeable. I use EN at least once (and usually more) every hour I'm on my computer. And I send a lot of stuff to EN from my iPhone & iPad, when I'm not at my computer. OTOH, I use Onenote occasionally.

Archived