A Quick Paperless Tip - Use Separate Scan Piles

TechBarber

I recently updated my blog with a fairly straightforward tip (http://www.techbarber.com/quick-evernote-tip-for-your-paperless-life/)

I've been doing this since going "paperless", but I didn't really realize it until tonight.

For the documents I'm going to scan, I like to keep two piles on my desk; one for documents that will make their way into Evernote, the other for documents that I deem to sensitive to sit in the cloud.

I then plow through each pile using very few "profile switches" on my ScanSnap S1300. The separate piles allow me to scan much faster without having to toggle a new profile with each scan.

It may be old news, and there may be versions of this system on steroids - but it works great for me!

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've taken this a step farther and have started dividing my piles by "scan profile" Separate piles for PDF, JPG, Personal, Private etc.

Seems to cut down on a lot of time.

Hi, I'm working on being paperless and am curious when you use PDF vs jpeg? Thanks.

Not saying this is the way it has to be done, but here's my way.

If I have a short document (say a page or so), then I generally like to add it as an image. Anything that is longer like a document or manual then I always go PDF. I do this because if you scan a 20 page document as an image, the note in Evernote will consist of 20 images, which is kind of a mess. If you put it to a PDF file then it's all saved in one, tightly packed document.

For one page documents I like images because they are easy to scan through using the card view in EN.

I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but, it's my cup of tea. :mellow:

Not saying this is the way it has to be done, but here's my way.

If I have a short document (say a page or so), then I generally like to add it as an image. Anything that is longer like a document or manual then I always go PDF. I do this because if you scan a 20 page document as an image, the note in Evernote will consist of 20 images, which is kind of a mess. If you put it to a PDF file then it's all saved in one, tightly packed document.

For one page documents I like images because they are easy to scan through using the card view in EN.

I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but, it's my cup of tea. :mellow:

Thank you, I appreciate the reply! Is text searchable in an image like it is in a pdf?

Archived