iMac to iPhone sync not working

Burtondav

Idea

I just made a change to an Evernote note on my iMac. I pressed sync. I open Evernote on my iPhone and go to all note/settings/ and sync.

But, the changes to the note from the Mac does not show up on my iPhone!!!!

(And I don't understand why I would have to keep hitting sync anyway.)

burtondav

3 replies to this idea

I've been having the same problem for a couple weeks, my iPhone (4S, iOS 6) will only sync when I delete and reinstall the app. Once I got it to update the snippits it shows, but when I opened the notes they were still old versions. On my iPad 2 it's intermittent but I have seen it sync. Between web, Mac and PC I've had no trouble syncing.

• Level 5*

I just made a change to an Evernote note on my iMac. I pressed sync. I open Evernote on my iPhone and go to all note/settings/ and sync.

But, the changes to the note from the Mac does not show up on my iPhone!!!!

(And I don't understand why I would have to keep hitting sync anyway.)

burtondav

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

A note of clarification:

Evernote does not sync with the iPhone, or any other device. Evernote (no matter what device you are using) syncs with the Evernote servers. You can find out if something has synced properly by checking your account via the Web client, which draws its content directly from the Evernote servers. Why does this matter? Because, knowing this you can narrow down the problem. Create a note on iMac. Is it on the Web? If so, then it is working fine. Create a note on the iPad. Is it on the Web? It sounds like it will not be. Then, you know which client is causing the problem, you can contact support (see the link in my signature) and they can sort everything out.

Good luck, and report back to us about the resolution so that other users can know what to do if they encounter the issue.

i understand your point about evernote being the middleman.  but, could you give me a hint about understanding the relationship between my devices and evernote?

in the last week i have found that notes i created on my imac were not showing up on my iphone but were on my ipad air.  

in the middle of this, i bought a new iphone 6, which did not show the notes either.  today when i went to the iphone's evernote and pressed settings/sync, the notes appeared immediately.  

what is happening?  in the past i have not had to sync the phone for the notes to appear.  why did i have to use the sync on my phone to display the new notes but the notes appeared on my ipad without my doing anything?

will i have to do this from now on?  

i don't know that you need this, but i will tell you anyway:

late 2010 intel imac running os x 10.7.5

ipad air running ios 7.1.2

old iphone 4s running ios 7.1.2

new iphone 6 running 8.1.3

imac evernote 6.0.6 (just updated yesterday)

iphone 6 evernote 7.6.3.313347

verizon

thanks for your help.

Archived