(Archived) Can we get a note-field on Notebook Properties?

It would be very nice if Evernote could include a note-field in the Notebook Properties.

Today we can change name, Make default and link to Sharing options.

But a text-field for notes is what I wish for.

I would use it specify more information (to myself) on what that specific notebook was intended for.

If we get this, you could consider including a search option, that only searches notebook titles and -notes.

This way we could search for the correct Notebook, when the number for notebooks incrise.

• Level 5

Hi and welcome to the forums !

A "note field" in the "Properties" section of a notebook? Hm. I wonder if that is really useful. I'd say the title of your notebook(s) should be pretty much self-explanatory, so by just looking at the notebook, you know what kind of stuff is in there. If not, re-organization of your notebooks or changing the title will help.

Wern

• Level 5*
Or use tags.....

Good point. To amplify just a little, one way to approach this might be to create a dedicated tag like "Abstract" or "Overview" or "Purpose", and for each notebook that you care about, add a note that describes the notebook, and tag it with your special tag.

Well... I use lots of tags, and I use lots of Notebooks.

I also have notebooks inside other notebooks.

All my private stuff is in a notebook with many "subnotebooks".

I work for different companies, and have a work notebook where i have a subnotebook for each company.

I do voluntary work for different organizations, and have subnotebooks for each.

I do not like to tell a story in the title, and still see the benefit of a “Notes”-field in Notebook Properties.

When something fits in two different notebooks, I have to re-think my structure.

Sometime after, I forget how things was changed, and leave stuff in the wrong notebooks.

This is why I thought of heaving the “Notes”-field.

If we get it, and have the search option to only search notebook names- and notes, I have another suggestion.

When we choose what Notebook the note should be saved to, you could have a smart field there, instead of a drop down menu.

The “Move note to another Notebook”, could have a text-field in the top.

When we start typing, we could get suggestions based on title first, and if the search found match in this new and neat Notes-field, it would suggest them as well.

Buut…. J

• Level 5*

Well... I use lots of tags, and I use lots of Notebooks.

I also have notebooks inside other notebooks.

All my private stuff is in a notebook with many "subnotebooks".

I work for different companies, and have a work notebook where i have a subnotebook for each company.

I do voluntary work for different organizations, and have subnotebooks for each.

Do you mean stacks? In Evernote, notebooks cannot contain other notebooks.

I do not like to tell a story in the title, and still see the benefit of a “Notes”-field in Notebook Properties.

I think it's a reasonable request, just that it doesn't exist now, and there are ways around its absence, though not as convenient.

When something fits in two different notebooks, I have to re-think my structure.

Sometime after, I forget how things was changed, and leave stuff in the wrong notebooks.

This, to me, is usually one of the most compelling reasons to prefer tags over notebooks. Because a note can have more than one tag.

This is why I thought of heaving the “Notes”-field.

Understood. I can see how it would be useful.

Archived