(Archived) Does Evernote not automatically sync on Windows 8?

Miss Bella Trixx

I'm a faithful Evernote user on Android, iOS, Mac and Windows. I recently was working from home and using Evernote in Windows 8 Metro to make notes. When I got to my work computer, my notes were missing. Is Evernote not syncing automatically with Windows 8? I'm stuck where now I have to drive home to get my Windows 8 laptop so I can upload the notes to Skydrive so I'm prepared for my meeting. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm sorry to hear that! Currently we're not syncing after every note, we're syncing at intervals like Mac and Windows rather than like Android an iOS. This isn't a permanent state, and we'll be working in improving it.

If you're on a version of Evernote after 1.0.0.36 you should be able to grab you activity logs under the Charm Bar >> Settings >> Customer Service. If you could PM me those, that can help confirm it wasn't another issue you experienced.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also unable to sync the Evernote app on Windows 8. Notes which I've added through Evernote web and through the Android version do not show up, even after I right-click and manually sync (and some of the missing notes are a week old!) No error message or any kind of notification is given.

Guys, after peeking at the log, I found a workaround for this issue.

Hover on the right and go to Settings > Account Info charm.

Click "Sign out". Evernote will close. The next time you start it, sign in again.

This seems to have fixed the issue for me. It seemed to me like maybe the sync gets broken when Win8 goes into hibernation? We'll see next time it hibernates.

I'm a faithful Evernote user on Android, iOS, Mac and Windows. I recently was working from home and using Evernote in Windows 8 Metro to make notes. When I got to my work computer, my notes were missing. Is Evernote not syncing automatically with Windows 8? I'm stuck where now I have to drive home to get my Windows 8 laptop so I can upload the notes to Skydrive so I'm prepared for my meeting. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm sorry to hear that! Currently we're not syncing after every note, we're syncing at intervals like Mac and Windows rather than like Android an iOS. This isn't a permanent state, and we'll be working in improving it.

If you're on a version of Evernote after 1.0.0.36 you should be able to grab you activity logs under the Charm Bar >> Settings >> Customer Service. If you could PM me those, that can help confirm it wasn't another issue you experienced.

I'm finding the same problem with the Windows 8 App. It does not seem to want to sync at all even with me forcing it. I have gone back to the desktop application.

Same problem here ... recently the Windows8 app is not syncing at all

Same problem--not syncing automatically with Metro version (desktop version seems ok).  If I sign out and sign in again,  Metro version will download, but not upload.   This seems to be a recent development.  It seemed to have worked well previously.  

Archived