(Archived) MacJournal to Evernote

jlconlin

Idea

I'm a long time MacJournal user, but I'm looking for a replacement. Evernote looks very promising as there is a Mac and iOS app as well as the online version.

Has anyone had any experience moving from MacJournal to Evernote? Is it easy to get the entries into Evernote? Are there performance issues with Evernote when there are lots (a few thousand) of entries? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Jeremy

3 replies to this idea

I'm a long time MacJournal user, but I'm looking for a replacement. Evernote looks very promising as there is a Mac and iOS app as well as the online version.

Has anyone had any experience moving from MacJournal to Evernote? Is it easy to get the entries into Evernote? Are there performance issues with Evernote when there are lots (a few thousand) of entries? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hi, Jeremy -

I just export the entries onto my desktop from MacJ as individual rtf files and drag them into EN. Very simple. I haven't tried this with thousands of entries at one time, however.

If you use links in MacJ, they will still work (i.e. open in MacJ) if you export in rtf. If you use html, they won't.

My EN contains nearly 5000 notes; I don't notice it getting slow.

Archived