(Archived) Old School Account is GONE with new Skitch 2.01

siron

I am so disappointed with evernote ***** skitch up! Firstly the new interface sucks to the core!! But thats okay... Where is my old school skitch!?? All my pictures are there , I started using Skitch years ago. Yep the www.skitch.com/XXXX images are still there. But there is no way to upload my pictures or screenshot there no more!! It is only able to log me in using evernote account!!

I wanna share pictures/screenshots on skitch with a direct image link!!! With evernote... There is no way!!

Am I doing it wrongly??? Or what?

I want to log in to use my old skitch account, I want to be able to share the pictures/screenshots with a direct image link!

ANYONE ????

You should have received an email about this a few weeks ago. For your convenience, here it is, in its entirety:

skitch_logo.png

Skitch News

Skitch is getting even better. Soon sharing in Skitch will go through Evernote so that you will be able to take advantage of Evernote's syncing, searching and sharing features—all available with a free Evernote account. To do this, we are making a few very important changes.

What's Changing

Sharing in Skitch will go through the Evernote Service, which means that you will be able to access your Skitch notes on any computer, phone, or tablet you use. As of October 10, 2012, the Skitch.com website will be archived. You will no longer be able to sign into Skitch.com as of that date.

How This Affects You

Your public and secret images will remain accessible and the links to these will not change.

skitch_email_grab.png

If you have private images, then you will no longer be able to access them after October 10, 2012. You can easily download all of your private images to your computer using the link below. Once downloaded, we recommend adding them to your Evernote account so that they're easy for you to access any time.

Downloading your images:

• Choose either "Download Private Image History" or "Download Image History", then confirm your email address.

• Skitch will collect and compress your image history (this may take a few minutes).

• You will receive an email from the Skitch Team with a link to a zip file once the process completes.

• Click the link and download the file.

• Double click to open it and select which images you want to save in Evernote.

• Drag your image history onto the Evernote app icon, or into any Evernote notebook. If you have any problems with bringing your images into Evernote, please contact our support team.

Your private images will continue to be private in Evernote. You will get all the added benefits of an Evernote account: your images will be searchable, saved, and synced across all the devices where you've installed Evernote.

For more information, please visit our Knowledge Base.

Thanks for using Skitch,

Skitch Team

In order to register for and use Evernote you must agree to Evernote's terms of service. For more information about these terms, click here

Will all the direct image links be taken offline? You see, I using these direct image links to post pictures on my blogs (years!!!) Will I lose em??

Evernote does not have a workable direct image link..... Does that mean I will have to reconsider a new image hosting site?? SKITCH WAS THE BEST!!!!

Now????

Archived