(Archived) Skitch 2.0.1 is available

Metrodon

A good start.

Alternate FTP upload is a killer feature for many though. Yeah, I know, it doesn't help Evernote to save somewhere else...but why not? How about as a Premium subscriber, I'd love to have the option to send to places other than Evernote, as there are times what I'd clip isn't intended to save in my external brain. I've paid up for the service, so it should be even a better deal for Evernote not to have to save every single thing I capture. :)

Technically, I think it is 2.0.1, not 2.1. :)

The new option for choosing whether or not to save to evernote is nice, but still forces you to save it to EN if you want to keep your document and not just discard it. This means I'm forced to keep every single skitch document in EN AND in skitch. These notes then end up on my phone twice - both in the skitch iOS app and in EN in offline notebooks (since many of my key notebooks are offline). This seems problematic in the long run - i don't mind the duplication on my desktop, but I DO mind it on my phone with its limited space.

It seems like there could be some sort of archive ability, where the document would remain in EN and desktop skitch, but be removed from the phone app. Ideally you would be able to switch it on or off, so if I decide I DO need a particular document back on my phone, I could unarchive it and sync to make it available again.

Another thing I really miss - the ability to take an existing skitch document, duplicate it, and make new edits. Right now, if you copy and paste a skitch image in the desktop skitch, the copy is basically a pasted image...arrows/text/shapes are part of the image and not separate moveable/editable objects anymore. So there is no way to, say, make a copy, try out some changes, but then get back to your original if you change your mind. Seems it should either have a save as or duplicate option like most mac apps.

One feature that I miss greatly is the ability to copy the direct image URL into clipboard.

I often need to share what's happening on my screen with the team. When a direct image link is posted into Campfire chat everyone will see the image immediately. Posting a link to Evernote page with the image requires everyone to click that link. Things became very inefficient with Skitch 2, my workflow is ruined!

One feature that I miss greatly is the ability to copy the direct image URL into clipboard.

I often need to share what's happening on my screen with the team. When a direct image link is posted into Campfire chat everyone will see the image immediately. Posting a link to Evernote page with the image requires everyone to click that link. Things became very inefficient with Skitch 2, my workflow is ruined!

I second that!

I used skitch everyday because of its ease of use I now will delete skitch and every evernote product because if your going to ***** up this bad I want nothing to do with your company. Really this is an upgrade or a way to lock in customers for the future and spam the ***** out of them. ***** off i do not need programs who change complete functionality with an upgrade and not that this was for the better I could use my own email.

Thank you for pushing out the update as quickly as you did :-) There is definitely a lot of work to do until 2.x is on the same level as version 1 but I'm really happy that I can once again use Skitch also for stuff that shouldn't end up on EN :-)

nice work bringing out the update but by the time you fulfil all the features requested you will be left with a product we had years ago (that you replaced with Skitch 2.0). Full circle and how many man hours later?

naturally I wouldn't expect any developer to admit that it's far more cost effective to revert back but if you insist on ploughing on please aspire to reach the same level of UI friendliness and functionality as Skitch 1.

First, thanks for listening and responding to some of the concerns expressed. The thing I still want fixed is that images in Skitch now have to be sync'd to Evernote or discarded. Where is the save to local disk ? The choice to share with Evernote should be mine, not yours.

Please restore the option to save to local disk.

First, thanks for listening and responding to some of the concerns expressed. The thing I still want fixed is that images in Skitch now have to be sync'd to Evernote or discarded. Where is the save to local disk ? The choice to share with Evernote should be mine, not yours.

Please restore the option to save to local disk.

You mean within Skitch for later annotations and edits? Because naturally you can just drag the final image out to wherever on the file-system you like :-)

I'm glad to see the ability to drag and drop; however, it does not seem to work to just drag and drop the file to Finder. Part of that may be that I don't see a place to name the image/file. Also, I would love to again have the ability to drag and drop (to Finder) the image as a pdf.

Thanks.

I'm glad to see the ability to drag and drop; however, it does not seem to work to just drag and drop the file to Finder. Part of that may be that I don't see a place to name the image/file. Also, I would love to again have the ability to drag and drop (to Finder) the image as a pdf.

Thanks.

You can change the name of the snapshot by changing the text in the upper left corner :-) Quite well hidden, but still possible :-)

Archived