(Archived) Direct Download (please)?

guinnsquirrel

• Level 5*

Hello,

I would like to use Skitch on OSX Snow Leopard. I use a work/enterprise MacBook Pro, and the IT department block access to the Apple App Store.

Is there another way to download Skitch (version 2.0 if possible)?

As Metrodon said, version 1 is available. However, you raise a good point about the appstore. I have talked with IT people, and it looks like it is going to be tough for us going forward, because you need to have an iTunes account if you want to get anything done on iPads, Macs, and other Apple stuff that we do not own. It is frankly pretty frustrating to do even simple things if you don't have full administrator privileges.

My Apple rage is building -- according to Apple Maps, my university library now has a four-star ice cream shop located inside, the best driving routes suggested are indirect and not recommended (at least not wrong yet), one of my files didn't save properly to iCloud the other day (the time stamp was correct, but the content was note) and I lost some important data, and worst of all: my favorite apps are becoming more difficult to obtain and they are losing functionality in order to comply with Apple policies. You task me Apple. You task me...

Archived