(Archived) How can I upload existing Notes/Notebooks into my acount server?

• Level 5*

Hi, welcome to the Forums. Your phone should already have synced its notes with Evernote's servers, and if you open that account on your desktop or, in a browser on any other computer, you should see the notes. Is there a problem with this in some way?

• Level 5*

If you check your Evernote settings on the mobile, (open the app and login first) you should find your user name there. If you can't remember the password you used, there's a 'forgotten password' process you can use, so the user name is the most important. Login with those details on your desktop and see what happens...

How can I upload notes created previously on my mobile phone to my server account. I have just created an account today. I could see my notes have been synching ever since I had the app on my mobile.

You don't mention which client you're using. It's always helpful to mention the client you're using when asking for help. AFAIK, Evernote only syncs notes created in the Evernote app. So if you had notes "created previously" (your words) and then installed Evernote, you probably need to copy/paste those notes into the EN app or email them directly to your Evernote account. (Your EN email address can normally be found in settings on the web & iOS client. Again, another area that would be helpful to know what mobile client you're using.)

well, nothing shows up , nigther in my internet browser nor in my computer disktop. It looks like I have created a new account today; One which is different to that used on my mobile. Any sugestions. I hope that isn't the case.

Ok, well that would be a problem. If you want Evernote notes to sync from one computer/device to another, you need to be using the same account. I don't know why you say "I hope that isn't the case." If I want to check my Gmail account on my main PC or on my alternate PC or my iPhone or my iPad or my netbook, I need to be using the same Gmail account, right...???

Sorry if I was a little confusing, but really thanks for your great interaction and replies guys!

Problem solved; mobile's current notes have been linked to a different account already. Thus, the account created today obviously will not show these notes. Now, how would I go about linking the said notes to the new account created today? Is there a quick way to do that?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Is there a major reason you can't use the account where your notes are already saved? There are a couple of options, but neither is particularly 'easy'.

You could export all notes from one account and import them into the other. I don't know whether you'll be able to do that from your mobile account - it's not possible from Android, anyhow. Likewise not possible from the Windows Web client. You may have problems logging in to another account from your desktop too..

The other option would be to share the notebook from one account with yourself, then copy the notes from the shared notebook into your other account.

...or you could just delete the unused account from your desktop and reinstall Evernote with the details from your mobile phone.

Best of luck!

Thanks again. Well, as you said. I don't think I really need to move any previous notes into the new account.

Now I need to format my phone. Is there anything I should know before the format so that I don't loose my notes? Will the notes remain untouched on my computer desktop?

I have Samsung Galaxy S , Android.

Thanks alot.

• Level 5*

As long as you can see all your notes in your desktop web browser, you can go ahead. Your phone won't retain copies of all notes in your account in any event - they'll be downloaded from the network when you request them. A full copy will be kept on your desktop hard drive, but the server is the master copy.

I do suggest you backup your desktop hard drive so you have a separate local copy of your database just in case.

Archived