(Archived) Quick New Note

Hi,

I would really like a quick way to create a new, blank/empty note for general thoughts/ideas. Especially when I am browsing the web I might be thinking of something (or many things!) and I'd like to quickly jot those down.

I read in one of these discussion posts on here about right-clicking and then choosing new note. This then loads the evernote web interface. What I would prefer is a simple one hit button in the browser (similar to, for example the Chrome Notetpad extension) where the notes are very quickly synced up to evernote.

Is there something like this around? I also spotted Diigo are looking to do something with their Quick Note tool which too is along the right lines... but no dice on the sync to evernote yet :(

cheers

Baronne

• Level 5*

Hi,

I would really like a quick way to create a new, blank/empty note for general thoughts/ideas. Especially when I am browsing the web I might be thinking of something (or many things!) and I'd like to quickly jot those down.

I read in one of these discussion posts on here about right-clicking and then choosing new note. This then loads the evernote web interface. What I would prefer is a simple one hit button in the browser (similar to, for example the Chrome Notetpad extension) where the notes are very quickly synced up to evernote.

Is there something like this around? I also spotted Diigo are looking to do something with their Quick Note tool which too is along the right lines... but no dice on the sync to evernote yet :(

cheers

Baronne

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

On the Mac, Control + Command + N will bring up a new note.

• Level 5*

thanks grumpymonkey. That's fine I guess that'll do - I'd like to see a nifty in browser popup from the toolbar ideally. But hey... I can't be too choosy!

Glad I could help. I prefer keyboard shortcuts to clicking around on icons myself :)

• Level 5*

Might be another Windows vs Mac situation, but the browser add-in in Firefox and (I believe) Chrome offers a 'new note' option which does exactly what it says on the can. I right-click the browser window, choose 'add to Evernote' and 'new note' and start typing...

Archived