(Archived) Evernote messing up long pdfs

thurfjell

Idea

I just discovered that Evernote has cut most pdfs with many pages. These pdfs just end on a half-rendered page.

I really hope there is an easy fix for this. If these pdfs are broken, I do not know what to do. The amount of important information that will be gone is just to painful to think about.

Does anyone else have this problem?

8 replies to this idea

The full content of your PDF is there, but the PDF previewer may be truncating it. If you right-click on it and change the zoom level, you should be able to see the rest of it, or double-click to open it in Preview.

The full content of your PDF is there, but the PDF previewer may be truncating it. If you right-click on it and change the zoom level, you should be able to see the rest of it, or double-click to open it in Preview.

Thank God. Is there a way to view the pdfs formatted for my screen size, without having the documents truncated? With "Preview", do you mean "Mac OS X Preview" or "Evernote Separate Window"? If the latter, the pdfs are truncated there as well. If the former, how do I open the pdfs in Preview from EN? If I double click them, they ioen in a separate window in EN.

Is this likely to be fixed in Evernote for Mac? Because, frankly, it's keeping me from upgrading to Premium. I want to put all my academic PDFs in, but if they're truncated in Evernote, that's going to be a problem even if I can open them in Preview.

Sorry ... Right-click on the PDF and select "Open with Preview"

This will use the OS X "Preview" application to view it.

Hello!

First of all: the new update of the Mac client is far better then the old one! And the pdf:s are displayed in full length as far as I can see. However it's not possible to open a pdf in the Preview application. But since Preview has many important features this is high on my whish list:

- A double click opens a pdf in MacOS Preview app.

- A preference setting that lets the user decide how to open a pdf?

All best / Henrik

When I open my pdf in Preview, and I right click (control + left click) nothing is happening. If I right-click on the pdf in the browser window I get a menu that offers "Send to Evernote" but when I select that, nothing happens. This pdf is showing up with one character per line so the entire article is one long string of letters down the left hand side. None of the above mentioned fixes works.

Most of the .pdfs I am referring to I am clipping with the Web Clipper. Just tried to open them up in Preview again and I can never get them to open that way? OS X ver 10.8.4.

Archived