(Archived) User Security

I am new to evernote and have a question. I am not the primary account holder but have been invited to be a user. I am concerned that the primary account holder will be able to access other things on my computer that I dont want them to. Can they access other areas or can they only access what I upload to my folders? This causes me to distrust the sync function. Thank you for any help.

• Level 5*

Hi. I am a little unclear about your situation. Are you talking about someone who invited you to join their shared notebook (like the one I have in my sihnature)? If so, only the things in that shared notebook are shared, and they cannot access anything else.

Hi. I am a little unclear about your situation. Are you talking about someone who invited you to join their shared notebook (like the one I have in my sihnature)? If so, only the things in that shared notebook are shared, and they cannot access anything else.

Yes, I think it was an invitation to join their shared notebook, not sure how this whole thing works yet. I just get an uneasy feeling when things are syncing that maybee it is accessing other files on my computer. I guess its just a trust thing? Thanks for your help.

Archived